PVC Valve

-

circlepilot

Reaction score
Surly there is still some NOS Novo 117A98 PCV valves out there. I would of figured there were millions of them manufactured. I've found a couple of used ones, (I already have two old ones) on the internet, but I would like a new one. I could adapt a newer type, but I'm trying to maintain some "fidelity" to my restoration. The Novo 117A98 PVC is threaded and held in place on the cap with a PAL nut. Any Ideas?
Norm

Have you looked at RockAuto.com ?

Sometimes you have to go with what's newer in a restoration or go nuts trying to be 100% accurate.

PVC = polyvinyl chloride, the material drain pipes and shower curtains are made of.

PCV = positive crankcase ventilation, what we're talking about here.

Not sure where you got that "Novo 117A98" thing, but I assume you're talking about the '64-'69 style all-metal PCV valve with the curved outlet nipple. The originals were black and made by Stanadyne. Some aftermarket items made by other companies were silver cad plated.

NOS items are allovereBay.

PVC = polyvinyl chloride, the material drain pipes and shower curtains are made of.

Not sure where you got that "Novo 117A98" thing, but I assume you're talking about the '64-'69 style all-metal PCV valve with the curved outlet nipple. The originals were black and made by Stanadyne. Some aftermarket items made by other companies were silver cad plated.

I just noticed the "PVC"...that's funny! I did, however use the right acronym in the body of my post, once and "PVC" again once...good proof reading! The Novo numbers came directly off of the PCV I have now. Looked at E-bay...couldn't find NOS, only used. I also have one manufactured by Stanadyne...that one will not seal (act as a check valve) and I've tried cleaning it. The Novo PCV works relatively well, but looks like crap.
I'll watch my "P&Qs," in the future, with more diligence. ;)
Norm

Checked again with your link...found them...Thanks

Norm

Wow, Jim is sure proud of that PCV valve ($240), but that is Hemi pricing. Not saying it isn't worth it (to some), just glad I recall grabbing one of those metal PCV valves in the 90's in a bubble pack at the hardware store cheap for $2 or so. I think it was Stanadyne, as Dan said.

-
Back