pyle car audio

-

wireweld

Reaction score
Has anyone used Pyle car audio or know if they are any good. I can buy a complete stereo system, (receiver, amp, 6x9's,3.5's,and a 10" subwoofer and enclosure for about 300.00. Just wondering if its worth it or are they a pile.

You can buy any and many brands of aftermarket jukeboxes and end up with a pile.
Newer vehicles have electrical systems suitable for chip based electronics. Put a modern sterio in a clasic car and its anyones guess how long it will last. Getting help with spike protection in wiring the sterio from Radio Shack or qualified car audio dealer will help.
Then again my junior has a pile of used sterios. Sony, Pioneer, Bose, Blaplunkt, Kenwood, you name it. They were all in later model ricers too. Some wont turn on . Some have dead displays. Some do am/fm but the cd laser is dead.
I personally dont think any aftermarket builder puts out OEM quality.
The best plan (beyond a song book in the glovebox), is probably invest in name brand speakers and plan to replace the sterio anually.

Don't buy a Pyle stereo system! Its complete Junk. You can get good info from Car audio Form http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/index.php
Check out Cadence or Directed audio for cost effective audio components. Also stay away from Sony there quality has gone down hill. Pioneer and Panasonic make good head units.

I have never had a problem with any stereo in any vehicle I ever bought. Weather it is the Wal-Mart $43.00 Durabrand CD player in the 1964 Ford F-100, The $80.00 JVC CD player (store display model from an eBay seller) in the 1974 Duster, or the others in the rest of my newer & older cars. I mostly run $150.00 Pioneers because they usually look the nicest installed (in my opinion) and have the smooth layout and rotary volume knobs. I have used Panasonic, Clarion, Kenwood, Blaupunkt, Sony, Pioneer, DuraBrand, Alpine, and JVC CD receivers all with great success.

Pyle used to be popular back in the late 80's. All my friends wanted them. $300.00 is a fair deal for all that stuff as long as it is in great condition and functions well.

How old are these items?
There are just like everyone else and have different lines of products. Look around and see what these models sell for on eBay and such. Some of their stuff now is so cheap you can almost buy it new for that price.

Directed Audio & Cadence are not what I consider 'cost effective' systems. Maybe for a true audiophile, but the average person doesn't want to spend $1,500.00 on a CD player, 4-6 speakers, one amp (or two), and a subwoofer with enclosure.

Pyle subs aren't bad ( better can be had though), But the radios suck. Every time I would sell one at work I would wonder how long it would takes before it would come back.

-
Back