Pypes mufflers on a TTI exhaust

-

73golddusterkid

Gold Duster Kid
Reaction score
I've been listening to videos online and i have to say i love the sound of the pype's exhaust for our cars. Right now i have a tti exhaust with the dynomax super turbo's, don't get me wrong i think they sound good but i'm young and want my car to sound a little louder and i believe that the pypes violater mufflers are the way to go. So is it possible to swap my turbos for the violaters?

Don't know anything about "Violaters," but I put a pair of Pypes M-80s on my Valiant (to gain some room around the driveshaft) and it sounds horrible.

I didn't much like the way it sounded with the Dynomax Super Turbos that came with the TTI setup I bought, but they sounded GREAT compared to these things...

WAP-WAP-WAP-WAP-WAP-WAP-WAP-WAP at full throttle.

Worst sounding exhaust I think I've ever heard... and, I have an H-pipe...

If you go to youtube and type in 1970 dodge dart pypes exhaust you'll hear which one i'm talking about. If nothing else fails i guess i can put the dynomax ultra-flows on my car.

If you want loud, throw on a pair of these babies.

http://www.classicchambered.com

I think these are some of the loudest mufflers out there, by design (and very good flowing too). I'm going to put a pair of the 26" x 2.5" on my 318 Duster with a Pypes X-pipe system from the stock manifolds. The Charger on the website sounds pretty wicked, but I think with a crossover (and minus the cheap microphone distortion) it will sound pretty bad a$$. They're much like glasspacks in that they can also be used as resonators, but these ones are better designed and have no packing to blow out.

Great question Dusterkid! I'm also considering a Pypes exhaust for my small block with TTI headers. I was more concerned about fit between the Pypes exhaust and the header flange. Anyone have issues with bolting the two systems (TTI and Pypes ) together?

Well i've got the tti headers and exhaust, but i've got the super turbos. Don't get me wrong i think they sound good, but they're not that loud. I might just go ahead and get some electric cut-outs

I have the Pypes 3" X-Change with the Violator mufflers on my Barracuda. I love the sound, sounds very aggressive with the electric cutouts opened and yet still sounds great (loud but not too loud) with them closed. I even have the cutout controller wired to a tach lead so they open automatically at 3000 RPM when the switch is on. I have some video, just need to capture it to my notebook and post it to youtube.

I've had both Flowmasters and Hooker mufflers on the car and these Violators are my favorite so far.

-
Back