Quality fiberglass companies

-

T-Fish

Reaction score
Like the topic mentions, I'm wondering which companies produce quality fiberglass parts?

I'm looking to buy fenders, front and rear bumpers, lift-off hood, and a front valance (possibly rear also). They're for a '71 Dart. They don't need to be 'race' weight because the car will be on the street more than on the strip, so flex, vibration and whatever issues can cause problems on those parts must be considered.

The websites I've found are:
www.usbody.com
www.wsracingfiberglass.com
And the ever-popular www.aarqualityfiberglass.com.

Thoughts and opinions please!

I have had A.A.R. products on my vehicle and was very pleased with their hoods.

I'd leave the fenders alone if its for street use. Haven't seen one that fits without major finishing before paint. Bumpers are fine until someone bumps them in a parking lot. Steel valances can be gotten through a member here that are AMD pieces.

Get you some "killerchrome" to paint the bumpers with. Good stuff! I have a thread somewhere on this site telling you how to apply it.

Good luck!

Here is a pick of a fiberglass bumper I did for a friends Superbee.

69 Dart hood with an SRT style scoop. US Body builds one for the 70+ but not for the 67-69. I emailed with Jean about a month ago, sent him my rendering and told him what I wanted to do, he was going to talk with the "production manager" and get back with me. Never heard back. I emailed him recently as well and never heard back. I'm trying to get a scoop from a Ram SRT-10 (could get one cheap off a wrecked Viper too) and would be happy to send it down in order for it to be used as a mold. A modified version of the AAR scoop they offer for the newer Charger could be sweet too. If done right, I think it could sell well for our cars. Personally, I'd like to see more options than the 6 pack or Hemi for these cars and being able to keep a "Chrysler" look would be awesome.

If your looking for the fit of factory steel then fiberglass is not for you. I've had a hood from AAR and it wouldn't not flatten out and fit, although they gave great customer service and worked with me on it until we did everything to no avail and I returned it. I had fenders form US and they didn't fit well either and they will not allow returns, or at least at that time, ended up losing money on them. Long story short, if you want factory look, use factory steel, if you want light weight and do not care about fit or finish, then go fiberglass.

When I was at MMW last weekend AAR had a both there with several hoods , bumpers and other parts. I was impressed with hoods on how nice they looked the quailty of construction.

My car will have a us body hood on it, when it shows up :-\". Friend has one on his car and it fit well. This was the brand my body guy suggested....

I thought I just heard on a Barret Jackson auction the other day that the fiberglass hoods weren't supposed to fit flat with the fenders. The deal was the people that made the fenders and hoods back in the day were actually different companies and they didn't work on the same dimensions or whatever, so the hoods had a slightly bigger arc to them than the fenders, so the hoods didn't sit flat out of the factory. I don't remember which car model exactly, but it was either a Challenger T/A or AAR Cuda, so that might have something to do with the fit. They may be making a "factory correct" hood, not a show quality hood.

the TA/AAR fiberglass hoods from the factory bowed from the hood springs...

805 you have the glastek stuff..... I would like to see it. I'm getting ready to order from them in a few weeks.

glass tek,,i believe is the son of one of the owners at VFN/CHASSIS CRAFT or thats how it use to be years ago

My car will have a us body hood on it, when it shows up :-\". Friend has one on his car and it fit well. This was the brand my body guy suggested....

Sounds like U.S. Body may have improved their quality. I bought a T/A style scoop from them several years ago and it was so out of shape I couldn't use it. No returns, either. As a member on another board so eloquently put it, "I could have made better parts out of tree bark and squirrel urine".
Dallas

Ink Junkie,

Did you get your hood yet from US Body? How long was the wait and are u happy w/ it?

I'm thinking of ordering from them soon.

take it easy,

Bad Shrimp

-
Back