quality oring pick set and jancy slugger repair

-

70dart65coronet

mopar or nocar
Reaction score
What are you guys running for a good quality affordable pick set.

The last two sets of oring picks that i got, i guess i didn't pay enough for them because the handles dont stay on.

I am looking to get a nice set that wont fall apart.

Also have any of you guys had any experience with electric motor repairs? I have an awesome jancy slugger mag drill for running rotabroach bits. The fan exploded, breaking wires in the armature and ripped a tooth off the commutator. I watched some you tube videos of DIY people repairing these, so i tried it, and it ran really good for about 30 seconds and then the new brushes disintegrated. i am torn with this drill, because if you have to go out a buy a new one they are like $1500. I found a couple of places in florida that do these repairs but they dont seem to want my business. I called a couple local places and they said the repair would be more than the new drill. All i need is a new commutator and new windings. There is enough of the fan left to still do some cooling. shoe string budget...

I have a set of Craftsman.Cushion handle with changeable screw on tips. Short and long length tips,straight,90* hook,45* hook and one I can't explain. Work great, liked them so much I bought a set for home.

Perhaps trying a local starter rebuilder, can reface armature and patch the wiring.with a tooth ripped off it wont last.
Used to send the wierd things to a guy that really knew his stuff.

O-ring picks i got my last set off the snap-on truck. Lifetime warranty.

i got a set from harbor freight
actually...my boy got a set from harbor freight

we went shopping there once and i let him pick out something little, and he bought a 4 piece pick set

how did i end up with it, you ask ?

well, after we got out of the harbor we all went out to dinner
now, at this point, my boy was still small enough to get his drinks in styrofoam cups

about halfway through the appetizer, i look up and i see my boy with a "oh crap" look on his face, a pick in his hand, and a stream of milk pouring from a hole in his styrofoam cup

and thats how he lost his pics, and i got em

i have a craftsman set that isnt holding up any more

starter repair shop, that is a good idea, i will have to check that out.

Snap on pick set, yeah i should check the local truck, expensive but high quality

LMAO nice story about the your boy...i have a 3 year old, i can see something like that happening in the near future...how are those harbor freight ones holding up?

Get me the model number off the jancy. I will look at work and see if I have any junk ones still laying around that may have a good rotorlook

Last edited:
really not holding up bad, but i dont use them too much either
but, they are not hardened so you can bend them if your not carefull...or if you need to

Get me the model number off the jancy. I will look at work and see if I have any junk ones still laying around that may have a good rotorlook

Its a Jancy Slugger JM2000 Magnetic, non variable speed.

That would be awesome if you had one laying around!

Thanks

Here it is apart

20170820_175238.jpg

Its a Jancy Slugger JM2000 Magnetic, non variable speed.

That would be awesome if you had one laying around!

Thanks
I looked this morning and only have a JM 5000 up there. The rotor is not the same between the two. I will keep an eye out with my customers to see if they have any old ones laying around i may be able to rob parts off of.

oooohhh dang, ok well thanks for checking, that would be awesome if one of your customers had some laying around. In the picture there is some big 2" holes that i drilled with this thing, its a "C" frame hydraulic press, sure is handy.

They are definitely cool. Love the magnet so you are able to drill verticals and upside down. We have one we rent out that is automatic. Set where you want and hit the button. It will feed down, cut the hole and then retract, spit the slug out and turn off

-
Back