quarter panel sound deadener duplication..

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I replaced the lower half of both my quarter panels. In doing so I ended up with a smooth panel inside the trunk which had no sound deadener on it. have tried all the aerosol cans and none seemed to get that rough texture of heavy rubberized sound deadener Mopar used. I came up with a great product to do this with. And I had it in my shop all along. I just took a quart can of seam sealer and a 3" plastic putty knife. I spread the seam sealer over the entire inner area of the quarter panel. I then took a 4" paint roller which has the plastic heavy loop nap which is used to do textured finishes and just rolled out the seam sealer. The roller just pulled that seam sealer to a rough finish just like the original. It actually hid the butt welding I did to replace the panel. Just spread the sealer on about 1/8" thick and roll it out. Looks just like stock. Just thought I would throw this out to my fellow Mopar folks....

IMG_4070.JPG

IMG_4071.JPG

IMG_4072.JPG

Yes, i would love to see pics too and the brand of seam sealer you used.
What did you use for surface prep before you put it on?

I'm very interested in pictures too. Pics of the roller, and type of sealer would really help.

Damn if that don't look factory,just paint it black and your done

-
Back