Quarter panel

-
The blue line is were I cut it in not much of it is attached to the rear body panel

IMG_1735.png

So you’re saying 71 Duster / Demon didn’t have that tab on the end of the quarter panel? Only 72 and up?
I am saying my 73 had the tab, not sure of the earlier model.

Little confusion in this thread. To be clear - 70 to 73 Duster and 71-72 Demon quarter panels are all the same in the area that sits behind the corner of the bumper. In 74, Duster and Dart Sport went to impact absorbing bumpers, so the quarter changed in that spot.

Little confusion in this thread. To be clear - 70 to 73 Duster and 71-72 Demon quarter panels are all the same in the area that sits behind the corner of the bumper. In 74, Duster and Dart Sport went to impact absorbing bumpers, so the quarter changed in that spot.
So do the 71 Demons have the tabs on the back of the quarters that go behind the bumper like in this pic?

IMG_9025.jpeg

So do the 71 Demons have the tabs on the back of the quarters that go behind the bumper like in this pic?

Yes.

On a different section - the door jamb - It seems many of the quarters are too short to the top corner of the jamb, needing a pie slice section opened and a small section added to get the gap right. The bottom line - make sure the hinges are in good shape and door aligned first, and check you gaps carefully.

-
Back