Quarter Window Crank

-

Stauch

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a 69 A body should have short handle window cranks on the rear
quarter windows? Mine has standard cranks now but hit the armrests. Some sites show same size cranks front and back and I am not sure if armrests are correct....
Thanks

I thought that the cranks were the same front and rear, the arm rest is smaller than the front

Good luck, I know that the arm rest and the crank do not touch, so if the crank is the same as the front, then the arm rest maybe wrong.
Looking it up, the 68-74 A Body including the Barracuda and Challenger are the same front and rear, The 70 to 74 Barracuda is different rear.

Last edited:
I just looked at my stock interior in my 67 Barracuda coupe. They are the same front and rear, no armrest in back in my car.

This is the drivers rear but both sides have the same issue.
Rear Armrest.jpg

Well the screws seem to going through correct holes behind the panel. I don't know

I’ve never had to pay much attention b4 as I’ve never ran into this problem.Good luck with ur search. Someone on here will know 4 sure. Kim

Thanks. One theory I had. Are the armrests with ashtrays for four door models? I don't think there is enough difference in length though.

That could very well be. Cause I think I remember seeing some with out ashtrays where the windows don’t roll down. Like is dusters and demons and dart sports. Cause everyone back then flicked their ashes out the window. So this would stop the smokers possibly. Kim

It doesnt look like the armrest could be shortened enough for the large crank to clear.
maybe you got short cranks when you ordered the rear armrests.
I'd just put on shorter handles and be done with it.

? found them in my parts I stripped several Darts and never took notice. I thought these were unusual but assumed they were wing window cranks from a chrysler. There was a guy that was having a problem with his hitting the roll cage when the door was closed so I took this picture and offered them to him. I guess he decided to open the door to roll the window down. I never heard from him.

106_0152.JPG

looks like your arm rests are in the wrong place. Like the rear hole in the arm rest is in the front hole on the car.
c79029b74a3de00b8fb1183240502c4a.jpg

1969-20dodge-20440-20gts-20dart-20interior-202-jpg.jpg

Is your A body a Dart? Mine looks like the above picture

Makes sense. The car used to have a roll bar. I bet the armrests were moved because of that. Thanks for all your help!!

-
Back