Quarter window regulator removal?

-

Retarded Jarhead

Mopar Newbie
Reaction score
Help, I am trying to get the regulator and all channels out of the body and flat out getting my A$$ kicked!:banghead:

I am working on a 69 Dart GTS and would appreciate any help. I have some rust to remove/treat and I need access!

Thanks folks.

You need to find the magic spot and have everything lined up just right. Unfortunately, none can describe where that magic spot is.

I can tell you this.... If you are getting your *** kicked, you are on the right track.

If you have a dog, go yell at it because you are frustrated.

Next, if you have a garbage can, go kick it over.

Throw a few thing across the shop if you have something handy.

First you need the *** kicking. Then you move onto displaced anger. Usually after some unnecessary rage, you find the spot and they pop right out.

But you need to go through all of the steps.

You need to find the magic spot and have everything lined up just right. Unfortunately, none can describe where that magic spot is.

I can tell you this.... If you are getting your *** kicked, you are on the right track.

If you have a dog, go yell at it because you are frustrated.

Next, if you have a garbage can, go kick it over.

Throw a few thing across the shop if you have something handy.

First you need the *** kicking. Then you move onto displaced anger. Usually after some unnecessary rage, you find the spot and they pop right out.

But you need to go through all of the steps.

You forgot the most important step!

Open the fridge grab a cold beer and ask why !!!!

Then the magic spot will appear in your dreams!

Best advice is move it a little at time then look some more and the magic spot will happen !

But seriously!

Do you need to remove it ?

If so study the movement you will see where it needs to be positioned to be separated and be removed!

Thanks for your service to our country !!!

Wow, this like therapy!

But better - I get beer!

I could probably get away without removing them but I have really gotten anal about getting ALL (or at least all visible) corrosion out of there. I worked on aircraft for a whole lot of years and I know what damage it can do.

Thank you all for the combinations!

Take the whole car apart like I did then. :D Or just spray some motor oil in there and call it a day. White lithium grease for the regulators.

Getting it apart can be easy compared to putting it back together. Getting the quarter glass aligned properly without binding in the regulator is a challenge indeed. Good luck with it.

-
Back