Quarter Window removal ????

-

Russ H

Reaction score
I am trying to remove a quarter window from my 68 Barracuda as per the Plymouth Service Manual. My question, how do those 4 pronged spring clips come off. Is there a special tool or a trick involved. Any help will be much appreciated.

Russ

Are you trying to remove the glass or the entire regulator assembly?

The glass is only held in with 2 bolts if I remember correctly.

I just had my entire assembly out for a good cleaning and lube. I don't remember any spring clips.

My problem is that the passenger side has the 67 style window where the bottom frame is permenently attached to the glass. The glass does not bolt to the frame like that of a 68. The spring clips I am talking about are like a washer with 4 inside prongs and fit into a groove that is cut into the regulator stud. It holds the rollers and passes through the metal from on the bottom of the glass. I am replacing the existing glass with the correct 68 style quarter window that is held to the frame with 2 bolts. Also, I notice that your car is a fast back. Mine is a notch so maybe the window mechanics are different.
Thanks for responding, any help is appreciated.

Russ

My problem is that the passenger side has the 67 style window where the bottom frame is permenently attached to the glass. The glass does not bolt to the frame like that of a 68. The spring clips I am talking about are like a washer with 4 inside prongs and fit into a groove that is cut into the regulator stud. It holds the rollers and passes through the metal from on the bottom of the glass. I am replacing the existing glass with the correct 68 style quarter window that is held to the frame with 2 bolts. Also, I notice that your car is a fast back. Mine is a notch so maybe the window mechanics are different.
Thanks for responding, any help is appreciated.

Russ

Old post, but I am having this same problem. Evidently 68 notchbacks had 2 types of quarter window.

Those clips are spring steel and have a good tight bite. I just cut them and peel them off with diag' plier.
With a strong dental pic you might defeat it one tooth at a time.

My problem isn't the spring clips, but two different quarter windows in 1968

-
Back