Not open for further replies.

j-miller

Demonized by Dodge
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for new or NOS quarter window gaskets for my '71 Demon. It seems like every place I checked are all on a long term backorder. I checked Classic Industries,Year One,Metro,Steele Rubber with no luck.

John

Attachments

• 716c7778f727fdc32a8fd852ef4e.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 303
I have seen that these weatherstrips are back ordered everywhere you look so lately I have been patting myself on the back for picking up a set a couple years ago at our winter swap meet :cheers:

My Precision restoration parts part number for the RT & LT SET is QWP3410 73, I questioned the vendor about the "73" in the part number(knowing there were changes here and there after 72)and he said it was good for 70 - 76 so I bought them when I got home opened up the bag and two separately wrapped bags spill out labeled QWL3410 73 & QWR3410 73 all seems good.

I checked year one's site for info...
https://www.yearone.com/Product/chrysler-a-body/qw30
Still looking good

Store'm away and relax till needed:glasses7::coffee2:

See this thread and decide to do a search see if I can help, grab them out of the basement to get the part number and run across Precision restoration part website and low and behold seem they are for 73 and up!?! at least according to them we will see.

http://precisionrestorationparts.com/i-9942504-quarter-window-seal-fits-1973-1976-dodge-dart.html #-o

And here is the kick in the teeth! I look a little closer and notice there is a left side in both bags! :banghead: I put one of the bags up to the desk lamp and look at the part number decal from the other side and someone put a right sticker over a left sticker(looks to be an official PRP decal):wack:

After I double verify they are 73 and up they will be in the For Sale section

I am learning the hard way to pull parts out of the package and triple check everything before setting it on the shelf

I have seen that these weatherstrips are back ordered everywhere you look so lately I have been patting myself on the back for picking up a set a couple years ago at our winter swap meet :cheers:

My Precision restoration parts part number for the RT & LT SET is QWP3410 73, I questioned the vendor about the "73" in the part number(knowing there were changes here and there after 72)and he said it was good for 70 - 76 so I bought them when I got home opened up the bag and two separately wrapped bags spill out labeled QWL3410 73 & QWR3410 73 all seems good.

I checked year one's site for info...
https://www.yearone.com/Product/chrysler-a-body/qw30
Still looking good

Store'm away and relax till needed:glasses7::coffee2:

See this thread and decide to do a seach see if I can help and run across Precision restoration part website and low and behold ssem they are for 73 and up!?!

http://precisionrestorationparts.com/i-9942504-quarter-window-seal-fits-1973-1976-dodge-dart.html #-o

And here is the kick in the teeth! I look a little closer and notice there is a left in each bag! :banghead: I put one of the bags up to the desk lamp and look at the part number decal from the other side and someone put a right sticker over a left sticker(looks to be an official PRP decal):wack:

After I double verify they are 73 and up they will be in the For Sale section

So the '73 and up are different from the 1970-1972 ? I wouldn't think there would be a difference but who knows.

So the '73 and up are different from the 1970-1972 ? I wouldn't think there would be a difference but who knows.

I wouldn't think Chrysler would change the quarter window frames either, unfortunatly I still have 2 lefts :protest:

If any one knows IF there IS a difference between 70-72 & 73-76 please chime in.

Just a shot in the Dark / idea, have you checked Rockauto ??

No luck at Rock Auto either Nite Moves. I was at another website and they were out of them as well and won't have them till January 2016. The company who makes the stuff was re-tooling. So at this rate January of 2016 will be here before you know it.

Trying to get of the 1/4 seals for the 1970 Duster for the last 4 months.
Tried all the major suppliers and even Brad's NOS. No seals anywhere
Layson's told me that the tooling was damage during the last run and the supplier has to re do it.

Try Just Mopar in Austin, Minnesota. Ask for Bishop. The number is 1-877-272-5275. Good guy to work with a quite knowledgeable about mopar stuff.

I've been searching for a pair of seals as well. I've got a 76 Duster. From what I've been told the seals are 70-72 and 73+. Both will work for each other but from what I understand the 70-72 have a section that's flocked.

If anyone comes across a set of these please let the original poster and myself know.

Thanks.

Riddler

Bad news - the manufacturers of this weatherstrip just sent me an email.

Precision Restoration Parts Contact Reply
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Joe, these will be out indefinitely. I will have to pull them from
the site.

Sounds like they won't be making them anymore.

Riddler

This is just a long shot i will contact someone here close buy to see if he has anything. Hes really downsizing his yard but has alot of NOS stuff........I will post and let all know one way or the other. Fingers crossed

RIGHT side only from Parts Pros it is a Precision Restoration gasket

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Quarter...ash=item567170da07:g:bO0AAOSwrklU8PIT&vxp=mtr

Title says 68-70 dart but everything in the description(at the bottom of the auction) says 73+duster, it says the "manufacture" number is 5130409 which doesn't come up on parts pro's website and Precision part number was QWR3410 73 (for right side) I noticed Precision scrubbed these seals off their site as was indicated they were going to do in the email to Riddler, I hope they understand the need for these and strive to repair the tooling, Hopefully "Indefinitely" means we will get to it because the market is ripe.

I just purchased one of the eBay ones it better not be for the 68-70 Road runner! I will report back when it shows up it's worth a try for me to see if it is the one we need, It says more than 10 were available, REMEMBER it's a RIGHT side only

These links would have to be verified for inventory but it might be worth checking out in light of Riddler's email.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/shop_parts/glass_seal/plymouth/duster.html

http://www.themoparshop.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=86_174&products_id=1186

http://www.jcwhitney.com/p3039135/sku-8628535.jcwx Sometimes this link just takes you to their main page don't know why.... see below

If the JCWhitney link doesn't take you right to the w/strip do a yahoo search on.... Precision restoration parts quarter window weatherstrip a body QWL3410 73 and it will give you a direct link to it.

Don't click on the QWP3410 68 or even QWP3411 68 several come up for other cars and other weatherstrips

Your looking for:
QWP3410 73 <for the pair
QWL3410 73 <for the right
QWL3410 73 <for the left

I just bought a RH from ebay and a LH from Auto Parts Warehouse. I spoke to APW on the phone and the lady said they only have LH ones in stock and she knew she couldn't get RH ones.

Here's hoping I purchased a set.

Riddler

I just bought a RH from ebay and a LH from Auto Parts Warehouse. I spoke to APW on the phone and the lady said they only have LH ones in stock and she knew she couldn't get RH ones.

Here's hoping I purchased a set.

Riddler

I wonder if those listed on eBay are for Swingers and Scamps. It said in the listing about them being for 2 door hardtops without pop out windows. They don't have something correctly and can cause some confusion.

I wonder if those listed on eBay are for Swingers and Scamps. It said in the listing about them being for 2 door hardtops without pop out windows. They don't have something correctly and can cause some confusion.

NUTS! #-o I stopped looking after I saw the word "Duster" in the description as I have never seen a duster that didn't have pop-out 1/4 windows

I will let you guys know when I get it

I emailed The Mopar Shop this morning to find out more info and if they have them in stock.

Also I think our cars are considered as 2 door Sport Coupes and not 2 door hardtops.

Well my order for a RH seal was cancelled and the money refunded. The seller gave no reason for the cancelled order.

Riddler

Me too.... Out of stock

We're sorry to let you know that parts-pros canceled your order and mentioned the reason as I'm out of stock or can't fulfill the order for another reason.

The seller refunded $85.99 back to your original payment method, and you don't need to do anything else.

I have a matching pair of quarter glass from a 72' demon with good weather strips, ill get some pics tomorrow morning

I have a matching pair of quarter glass from a 72' demon with good weather strips, ill get some pics tomorrow morning

Thanks for the offer dadodgekid. I myself need new quarter window seals for my restoration and really don't need glass as I am getting all new tinted glass for my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back