Question about carbs for tunnel rams

-
Oh NO! ...... Is it ....Cheeseburger time?!?!

Cheese burger !!! lol What a cheap date. lol
It would have to be a steak, to put up with all the BS around the table. lol

Ok guys i have done what i set out to do, ended up taking a little off just one of the filters, i think it looks good!
20191212_124916.jpg
20191212_124927.jpg

The only question i have is, as you can see, the rear filter sits lower, which i kinda like, does it matter? Or should they sit level as in the pic below.
lev.jpg

Thanks everyone for the advice!

Ok guys i have done what i set out to do, ended up taking a little off just one of the filters, i think it looks good!
View attachment 1715436662 View attachment 1715436663
The only question i have is, as you can see, the rear filter sits lower, which i kinda like, does it matter? Or should they sit level as in the pic below.
View attachment 1715436665
Thanks everyone for the advice!
I actually put a 1-inch spacer in my rear one because I thought it wasn't getting the same bang on air as the front one...

At 65 miles per hour on the freeway or over a hundred on the drag strip I feel there's a bit of wind pushing against that front filter..

Is the sb tr supposed to be higher in the front?
Is it on backwards?

On mine, the higher section of the top goes on the rear, so the carbs are level to the car.

20190110_174628.jpg

20191212_183322.jpg

Is the sb tr supposed to be higher in the front?
Is it on backwards?

On mine, the higher section of the top goes on the rear, so the carbs are level to the car.

View attachment 1715437005

View attachment 1715437006
I did ask that question, and was told that it was on correctly. Also of i was to reverse it, the carbs and filters would be on a rearward angle and would look strange.

One could argue it looks strange either way.
Not trying to be a jerk, just trying to understand what's going on here.

The rear of the tr should be higher, because the engine is higher in the front, however the top of the tr should be flat across both mounting pads.

With the carbs off I can put a straight edge across the tr and it is flat.

Can anyone chime in as to why the small block tr has mounting pads at different heights, but instead of angled they are level to each other?

-
Back