Question about heads

-

joshl06

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 360 bored 60 over it has the 408 scat stroker kit it has la iron ram magnum heads I was wondering if they are good heads I really can't find any information on them

Aren't those heads a little tame for a stroker?

These are just the heads that came on the motor with this setup it's going to be pretty mild from what paperwork on the part's used the heads are 64 cc and the pistons are scat flat tops compression should be 10.2 to 1 the cam is around 460 lift 260 duration 1.6 roller rockers I think the springs are only rated for a 515 lift not sure I have a set of j heads ported I might end up using

i would just run them get ur car on the road.

i dont think the performance difference will be significant, if any. you might actually lose some with the j heads, depending on the porting.

i wouldnt overthink the heads too much. at this point just make sure everything is checked/clearanced/torqued/sealed properly etc. thats a good place to focus so you have a reliable trouble free (fun) engine.

The EQ heads will work great on mild strokers. Witha little work they will equal the better heads but the cost benefit goes down. They also suffer from the typical Magnum spring/valve issues when looking for bigger numbers. I've seen an as cast set make past 1.3hp/inch on a 360 with a hydraulic cam and Nascar 2bbl. They'll trounce a set of mildly prepared X/J heads with no mods from .100-.500". I wouldn't discount them, but if you want to go with a larger cam or something - you will want to make sure everything can still work.

Wow. That motor is killing for a bigger cam if the duration is 260 advertised.

Still doing research these are eq iron ram heads I'm not sure but I've found where they flow 247 at 0.500 valve lift still doing research

247 is probably at the very bottom of what this motor needs. I'm running x-heads on my 390 that flow 270cfm and I was told 230-240 you will not breath above 5000rpm

-
Back