Question about kickdown linkage piece

-

mmdoctor

Reaction score
Guys,

Having some issues bolting up a new eddy carb. Ordered the throttle lever adapter (eddy part #1481) but seem to be missing another curved piece that has a 'heart shaped hole' that is used to hook up my hard slotted tranny linkage end (see pics...i've added red arrows for identification). Not even sure what this curved piece is officially called?

Anyone know what this thing is called and where I might be able to buy one? Called Edelbrock today, they said they don't have it...also looked on Lokar's website with no luck?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• Figure3C.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 170
  • Figure3D.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 163
I've never seen that piece why do you need it - it's not required.. the zinc colored piece that it's bolted to is the Mopar adapter also the cable mount piece is on backwards in that pic

the slotted piece at the bottom is for the Lokar kick down cable..

i'm using the OEM kickdown linkage (the metal bar at the end that is threaded onto the end of the rod coming up from the tranny) rather than a lokar cable. not sure how i'm supposed to connect it to the slotted piece at the bottom? The set up that was on the carb before was completely mcgruber'd with a bunch of washers, bailing wire, etc and i wanted a cleaner look...thus the mopar adapter.

the piece you are referring to that is on backward...is that the black studded thread near the top where the throttle cable connects?

-
Back