Question about Milodon pan gasket 41007

-

DesertBilly

Reaction score
So I know in there description it says it only fits magnum motors. But I put one on my la 360 back in 2014 and it fit perfect no leaks on an aftermarket pan. So I'm doing a pan change because the old one cracked (it was a milodon by the way which was already repaired once) a d looking at the old milodon gasket it looks different from the old one and I'm not sure if it's just the was the old one set up or not. Anyways do you guys know if they changed the gasket and did it fit your la ok

20190808_192312.jpg

20190808_192237.jpg

20190808_192228.jpg

Yes! Do a search, there was a thread on this a few weeks back. Some used copious amounts of sealant while other guys (myself) cut the rear of the seal off and used the standard rear end seal from the 4 piece gasket set.

This may or may not help with your aftermarket pan.
Good luck.

Yes! Do a search, there was a thread on this a few weeks back. Some used copious amounts of sealant while other guys (myself) cut the rear of the seal off and used the standard rear end seal from the 4 piece gasket set.
This may or may not help with your aftermarket pan.
Good luck.

Thanks for the reply I'll look into it but the part I'm talking about is where the seal wraps around timing cover and pan.... I used this same gasket years ago milodon 41007 and it sealed just fin just not sure if the gasket has changed or the old one just formed in to the pan and timing cover. And I did use RV on it just dont remember if I put more in the front.

OK cool. I was just telling you what if you were the fellas date at the rear of the oil pan. Haps, I was thinking the same thing could apply to the front of your pan.

-
Back