Question about my brakes

-

Dart swinger 73

Reaction score
When I drove the car into the shop, I had brakes. After rebuilding the front end pads included. Moving to the rear. Drums were good it appeared the shoes, springs and cylinders were new too. Might have been changed and sat for awhile because of the critters set up housekeeping. Removed the master and buster to clean and paint. Now, everything is cleaned and painted. Primed the master Started up the engine and ran it for 15 minutes. Installed new rubber brake lines. CAN'T GET A DAM PEDAL!!!! Used a vacuum pump. Pump worked fine on my truck. So doing this job by myself, I went and bought 4 speed bleeders. Still on pedal. Any TIPS?????:coffee2:

Did you bench bleed the master cylinder after you painted it? That is probably your problem. That can be done on the car, I'd start there and then try to bleed the rest of the system.

I did install the master cycler. Then remembered, I forgot to bench bleed the master. I removed it and did the bench bleed and put it back on. Still no pedal. If I disconnect the brake lines from the master plug the line holes and use the brake pedal. Will that work the same as the bench bleed. :coffee2:

I did install the master cycler. Then remembered, I forgot to bench bleed the master. I removed it and did the bench bleed and put it back on. Still no pedal. If I disconnect the brake lines from the master plug the line holes and use the brake pedal. Will that work the same as the bench bleed. :coffee2:

did you bleed the rest of the system? All four corners, starting in the pass rear....

Nope must be bench bled. Just to be clear a bench bleed is done by putting fittings in the line holes with lines up into the bowl to allow fluid to go back and forth.

............... Just to be clear a bench bleed is done by putting fittings in the line holes with lines up into the bowl to allow fluid to go back and forth.

About 4:45 into this video..................

[ame]http://youtu.be/zoewhwUu3UQ[/ame]

-
Back