Question about two tone and stripe painting

-

Flatlander

Reaction score
I'll be using Nason base/clear and am wondering about the masking for the top and rear stripe. I've been told to spray the base color then mask for the second color, paint, then spay the clear. I need to know if this is right and if so, how soon after spraying the base color can I mask it off. I'm worried about marring the paint with tape and paper. Thanks in advance.

I've never used Nason before, I used Dupont. However, I spray the first color, wait about 20/30 minutes, tape and spray thre second color. unmask and clear the entire car. I do the same thing for stripes too. Good luck with your project...post some pictures.

Thanks.

Nason is a DuPont paint, their second tier product. Good stuff and not as expensive.

I need to post some of my latest pics of the tear down and will be posting progress pics.

340john is right - just wait a little bit and tape up your 1 st color and spray the second base. Friendly piece of advice - wait a little longer to remove the tape & paper before sprayinh th eclear. Then, make sure you blow down the car again before you clear it. You will probably end up with some overspray dust settling on the car when you remove the tape & paper. I did when I cleared my Duster and now I have dirty looking yellow. :( No worries, though as I have to repaint it anyways due to a recent hail storm.

-
Back