Question on 340 Clutch

-
Reaction score
I am an old guy and thinking of pursuing a 68-69 GTS 340 4 speed. I have only driven one of these back in the day and remember it having brutally stiff clutch springs. It would give you "sewing machine leg" at a stop light. Have there been any improvements with after market parts over the years.

Welcome aboard. there is a section corum for trans questions, but hey, no biggie right! ;)
A stock clutch should be an easy to use thing.
I have a Centerforce clutch that is even easier to push and holds triple the power. Though it does require removeal of the overcenter spring.

It was not the clutch spring. The over center spring is there to help your leg. It was the pedal itself. If you use a pedal from a later model it has a shorter pin spread and are a lot easier to push in. The only down fall is they are a little harder to speed shift with the later setup. they don't release the plate as quick. There is and article on this by Ed Hamberger to improve the later cars disengage. This would be going the other way from what you want to do . But it would help you understand the logic of the difference. It is on this site in a thread somewhere. I just don't know where. Steve

-
Back