question on 904 shift kit

-

morepowertoya

morepowertoya
Reaction score
Seen a guy on another site show transgo shift kit modifactions (this is it).He put a 1 1/2 brake line in the spring on the shuttle valve .And a 1/4 ball bearing in the spring for the 1-2 shift valve. what does this do for the transmission. i have a tf2 kit installed in my trans and they never had any of that info in the directions.If you want to check out this info its on cuda-challenger.com under the trans tech section.

It sounds like he is tryen to do a "poor boy" manual valve body, or somthing along those lines. there about a dozen diffrent way's to accomplish the same thing in thease ol torque flights. Ive seen alota hack job's in the 12 year's i worked @ a transmission shop man!

Seen a guy on another site show transgo shift kit modifactions (this is it).He put a 1 1/2 brake line in the spring on the shuttle valve .And a 1/4 ball bearing in the spring for the 1-2 shift valve. what does this do for the transmission. i have a tf2 kit installed in my trans and they never had any of that info in the directions.If you want to check out this info its on cuda-challenger.com under the trans tech section.

Unless you're a builder or if the guy doing the mod is a builder don't follow his directions. Gil Younger and Transgo/Transco spent a lifetime researching these kits, and destroyed a lot of transmissions getting the kits to the public.
As another mentioned, a lot of transmissions/valve bodies have been destroyed because of people don't know really understand the hydraulics of a transmission.

The very first shift modifications ( reverse manual shift ) came from Ma Mopar, included the mods you mention,, AND included drilling the case.. Man that was scary stuff back then,, cases weren't cheap.. Then guys like B&M and later Transgo showed up,, making trans mods more readily avail to the general public..

Thanks for the feedback guys, i have a tf2 kit installed in my 904,and it shifts great.Just wondering if they were adding these tricks for racing.I do race my car on weekends sometimes.ive built my own tranny,but, im not a pro.Just wondering if these mods will make the trans shift harder and if they are worth doing without hurting the trans.Sounds like not a good idea?

-
Back