Question on a A904 with photo

-
I don't know for sure if this is what kimmer was referring to, what is this number?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 89
Okay, here is a photo of the rear band close up....do you guys know how many turns out after the 72 foot lb thing on this rear band?
I can't see a year anywhere on the VB.

20120928_192331.jpg
right by that valve body bolt(the right one) cast into the valve body. does it say 71 or 74? its hard for me to see! the band looks like a single wrap.

It is a single band. I cannot see that number. It does say 71 or 74. I cannot tell. I torque wrench only has foot pounds. Not inches. Ugh... Can we conclude how many turns out I would go? I am so confused sorry

Use the short wrench method, tighten until snug, don't reef on it.. When I did mine I went 2 1/2 turns out. Lock it down.

Filter is good to go.

Sounds good. Will do 2 and a Half turns. It does say 71. Called my son into the garage I could not see it that well

Okay done deal. 2 and a Half turns. I did find the front I just meant as someone earlier stated. It is on the driver side I could not get to it at all. Very tight fit to get to that spot. At least I will put the pan back on tonight and get that out of the way and the fluid in

if is shifting good into second, i wouldn't worry to much about adjusting it. it is a bit difficult to get at.

That forward band does look tricky to get to. Its shifting nice. I think hitting second is a bit firm sometimes but not bad. Now to take a nice ride tomorrow. Just went for a test ride tonight.
Thanks for all the help guys. I truly appreciate it!

Good work. To clear up for other readers, something I learned on FABO a few weeks ago is that most L/R bands are a single wrap, so back off 2.5 turns from snug. Some early 904's, like in my 64 & 65 have a special multi-wrap band. For those, you see 3 sections on the band, as in the 1st video. My 1965 factory manual says to back off 5.25" turns. That is because the band effectively goes around the drum twice. There may be some multi-wrap bands in racing apps since someone posted a link to after-market ones.

-
Back