Question on available scoops

-

Oldmanmopar

Going left turning right
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was up stairs looking for parts for a member and was going through my Snorkel scoops. Someone asked about one. I saw I have one 73 dart sport style. Here is my question. Is anyone reproducing the 73 style ? I know they reproduce the 72 but I never saw a 73. Would That make 73 more valuable

I was up stairs looking for parts for a member and was going through my Snorkel scoops. Someone asked about one. I saw I have one 73 dart sport style. Here is my question. Is anyone reproducing the 73 style ? I know they reproduce the 72 but I never saw a 73. Would That make 73 more valuable
When I was looking for the 73 dual scoop I only found 2 for sale that were original's Ithe 1 i bought was original and had the studs still attached with the original nuts

eBay

IMG_1515.jpeg

IMG_1514.jpeg

IMG_1513.jpeg

It would take a lot of work to make that scoop look decent. Not to mention 72 vs 73 are different where they fit against the hood in the front. They must not make them for a 73.

I googled them just for the hector it. I think these a real one on eBay if you want to follow it to see a value

I don't know what the difference is between the 72 and 73. I do know I had a genuine Mopar part # scoop laying in my garage (I have no idea where it came from) so I modified it to fit my 62 savoy.
Looking at the prices I've seen them advertised at, I wish I hadnt.

I am trying to purchase a snorkel style scoop for my 74 last peice of the puzzle. How much do you want for the 73? They are always advertised as 71-76 and rarely say the exact year. Range in price from 300-800. I was trying to purchase one recently for 450 but ebay wouldn't let me as was glitching with the postage.

I’m going to resort to the OER reproduction for my 73 Duster.
Should I look for an original? The reproduction all take so much work.

I’m going to resort to the OER reproduction for my 73 Duster.
Should I look for an original? The reproduction all take so much work.
Many of them are scaled down. They are smaller . There was someone here with one on a 73 and parked next to my brown car. Big difference. Make sure you get a measurement.

-
Back