Question on converting standard 71 cluster to ralley?

-

Dixie

Hey Y'all !!
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am working on a 71 Demon with my son, and it has a standard gauge cluster in it. I have a 71 ralley dash and was wondering what was involved in switching it over? Do I need a new dash harness, or can the standard one be used? Someone told the me dash frame is different. Does the old one have to be cut to accept the ralley dash? I would appreciate any advice or tips on the conversion.

Thanks!
Randy

The matal part of the dash is different along with the dash harness , the rally dash a round multi pin connector that is different then the the non rally dash.

Question on this: so if I put a ralleye dash in a car that had a standard dash, I would have to change the frame and everything. How does one do this knowing that swapping VIN tags isn't exactly legal??? Just curious!

Sorry for the hijack!

Thanks guys, looks like I've found a ralley dash frame and cluster, but it's an a/c dash. My son's car is a factory non a/c car. Can I just switch the heater controls over?

If I use the a/c dash, will the heat part still work w/o other a/c components?

Thanks guys, looks like I've found a ralley dash frame and cluster, but it's an a/c dash. My son's car is a factory non a/c car. Can I just switch the heater controls over?

If I use the a/c dash, will the heat part still work w/o other a/c components?

Nope. The factory controller for a/c is a push button / vacuum switch that signals a bunch of plenum door servos.
The heat only controller uses mechanical cables to operate the plenum doors and no vacuum servos.

-
Back