Question on factory look Powermaster one wire alternator for Mopars.

-
My 72 Demon avatar car has one and it has worked quite well for me. My battery is in the trunk and has kept the charge up now for a couple of years.

20220721_204343.jpg

My 72 Demon avatar car has one and it has worked quite well for me. My battery is in the trunk and has kept the charge up now for a couple of years.
I run one. I think i've got around 4 years on mine.

Has anyone installed a Powermaster one wire 95 amp alternator
I did two weeks ago on 76
Power wagon wished I would have done it two years ago when some electrical gremlins started if u would like some photos of alternator + I can get some tomorrow.
PS it's made in USA and new so about as good as it gets.

Last edited:
I did two weeks ago on 76
Power wagon wished I would have done it two years ago when some electrical gremlins started if u would like some photos of me and I can get some tomorrow.
PS it's made in USA and new so about as good as it gets.
I am wanting to put one on my 66 A-100 truck. I have heard that Mopars with the bulkhead connectors couldn't handle the load of the Powermaster but the A-100 just has a factory harness without a bulkhead connector. My 53 Dodge has an aftermarket harness with the Powermaster and works great.

I am wanting to put one on my 66 A-100 truck. I have heard that Mopars with the bulkhead connectors couldn't handle the load of the Powermaster but the A-100 just has a factory harness without a bulkhead connector. My 53 Dodge has an aftermarket harness with the Powermaster and works great.
Simple run a new correct sized wire FUSED And connect @ starter solenoid and u can eliminate all factory wires at stock location.
Power master alternator is a little wider on backside because of everything contained within it so alternator will mount slightly different but is a bolt on with little to ZERO issues would u like photos ? I just performed the same upgrade and also Magnum style starter wish I would have done this MUCH sooner.

One (EXAMPLE)
I have a large inverter in back of my 886 Ambulance so wanted the performance of said Power master alternator and my truck had the common issues of some older Chrysler products ( FLICKERING LIGHTS & AMP gauge ) Power master resolved all my problems again wish I would have done above upgrades the week after truck was purchased.
I keep a few spare fuses on board just in case also.

Screenshot_20240203-225047.png

IMG_20240119_155219_HDR.jpg

One (EXAMPLE)
I have a large inverter in back of my 886 Ambulance so wanted the performance of said Power master alternator and my truck had the common issues of some older Chrysler products ( FLICKERING LIGHTS & AMP gauge ) Power master resolved all my problems again wish I would have done above upgrades the week after truck was purchased.
I keep a few spare fuses on board just in case also.

View attachment 1716201696

View attachment 1716201698
Thanks for the info, I put one on my 53 Dodge. It has an aftermarket harness and two cooling fans and still had the flickering light problem until I put the powermaster on it, constant 14.6V now and no flickering. I was wondering if my A-100 stock harness will handle one but if your truck didn't have any problems it should work on it. Is your truck a 1977? I put the late model mini starters on all three of my Mopars. I love them!

No problems
Over 2500 miles and no issues ! Put a fuse between battery and alternator like
I showed u for protection etc.

-
Back