Question on fender badges on 1965 Barracuda

-

dynodonn

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Formula S & Commando V-8 (or just V-8) emblems on the front fenders of a 1965 Barracuda are mounted the same? ie. would the mounting tabs and holes be in the same locations on the fender? I ask because my research seems to show that my car may be a Commando V-8 car rather than a Formula S as it is currently badged. I say this because the broadcast sheet I found in the rear seat springs shows the Commando engine code but not the Formula S code. (I actually found a second broadcast sheet in the rear seat springs, it is not in great shape but if anyone is looking for one I would be happy to post what is left of it on the forum.) Any help with my badging question would be appreciated. Thanks.

The original Formula S emblem for 65 only was studs side to side in 66 it went to studs top and bottom. The Commando V8 emblem has the holes further apart for 65.

I just looked at a set of regular V8 emblems for a 65 and they appear to be the same pin setting as the Formula S pins. So it appears you could swap the 273 2bbl emblems with Formula S emblems.

-
Back