Question on headman headers

-

B3422w5

Reaction score
Anybody here ran the 75140 1 7/8 tube race headers on an A body?
Mostly concerned regards how low they hang, and how they fit.
Thanks

If those are the headers that have the 7 and 8 tubes go outside the fender well, they fit good as long as you don't mind cutting the fender well.

I don't remember them hanging excessively low.

As with any header tube that big...it takes up some real estate.

@70aarcuda

Tony has a couple sets in use IIRC.

I remember they sort of hang low. Lower than tti or dougs.

I may have a new set of 1 7/8 tti SB headers for sale, not sure I'm going to be building anything that needs them in the future.

Yes...but they are hanging on the engine on the engine stand...they wont be on the car for a few more months......

20171124_122705_resized_1.jpg

20171124_122654_resized_1.jpg

Watch size collector on the tti?.....I will be in indio in a couple of week to drop off a head to get repaired...

@70aarcuda

I may have a new set of 1 7/8 tti SB headers for sale, not sure I'm going to be building anything that needs them in the future.

Rob....what size is the collector on the TTi? I am going to be coming thru Indio in a week or two to drop off heads to get them repaired...

No, dont want them if have to cut the fenderwells.
I have a like new set of Dougs on my 360. Going to need 1 7/8 for the 418 i have in the works..... probably sell the Dougs.

@70aarcuda

Let me know if you sell them, especially if its a good deal.... lol

Don, I have them on my Dart. I used 2" hole saw and made a short slot for the tube to go through. I spoke to Ryan Johnson about these or the TTI's and was told the Hedmans make more power. I don't remember the number but it was surprising.

Don, I have them on my Dart. I used 2" hole saw and made a short slot for the tube to go through. I spoke to Ryan Johnson about these or the TTI's and was told the Hedmans make more power. I don't remember the number but it was surprising.

I dont want to have to cut anything. Was hoping they fit like a TTI, totally underchassis.
I used to have W5 Tti's they fit good, but also heard the Headmans make more power.
May have to rethink this

what size are your dougs B3422 ? maybe 1.75" would be good, most dyno tests do not show a big power difference for a 1/8" difference if you are in the ballpark. when my 340 was strip only had the 1.875", got antique plates and now street and strip so went to 1.750" 5204 Hooker-no diff.

what size are your dougs B3422 ? maybe 1.75" would be good, most dyno tests do not show a big power difference for a 1/8" difference if you are in the ballpark. when my 340 was strip only had the 1.875", got antique plates and now street and strip so went to 1.750" 5204 Hooker-no diff.

Dougs are 1 5/8 with 3inch collector. Currently have a 10.4 compression stock stroke 360 with mildy worked Eddies. Runs 11.20’s at 3300. Going to get it in the 10’s with a swap to 904 and correctly specced convertor( current convertor is wrong, going to sell that and my 727)
Have decided on running the new trick flow heads on my 418 shortblock. That should be 12.75 compression and will run a roller...... but heads wont be out till summer. So fool around with this 360 some more first. I want bigger headers for the 418 build

Dougs are 1 5/8 with 3inch collector. Currently have a 10.4 compression stock stroke 360 with mildy worked Eddies. Runs 11.20’s at 3300. Going to get it in the 10’s with a swap to 904 and correctly specced convertor( current convertor is wrong, going to sell that and my 727)
Have decided on running the new trick flow heads on my 418 shortblock. That should be 12.75 compression and will run a roller( with 58cc head) but heads wont be out till summer. So fool around with this 360 some more first. I want bigger headers for the 418 build

Don what headers will work with the TF head?

-
Back