Question on what i should pay for a 1973-1974 dart sport

-

Mopar204

Reaction score
Im looking for some advice on what this 1973-1974 dart sport slant 6 is worth
This is going up for auction and was wondering what i should bid
It came from factory with hood scoops to look like the v8s but it came with a slant 6
Everything is original with very little rust, i thought maybe it would be worth more since it came with the scoops and strips from the dealer.
Isnt even worth putting in an offer?
Only have the one picture
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/attachment.php?attachmentid=1714834433&stc=1&d=1438794945

Attachments

• image.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 392
IMHO, 3 to 4 grand tops IF it is not bondoed up and the minimal rust is true, the engine runs good, it drives good, the brakes are good, and the interior is decent, and has good paperwork.
It looks like a '73 to me.

Just off the one picture, it looks to be a pretty decent car. I doubt that scoop came with it, but it doesn't matter. Are you looking to flip it? If you like this car, and want it, then set your mind to what your willing to pay, and that's what it's worth to you. IF the underneath is very solid and it's a driver, and if the interior is in good shape (driver quality), I would think 4k would a fine price, even with the /6. I do think I see a little rust on the lower 1/4, but that's not bad at all

What a useless post. :sign3:
That's a great way to help a member here, (insert any insulting swear word you like).

IF everything is in very good shape 4,000 , that means no rust holes , frame 100% , floors and inner fenders rust hole free

I doubt very much the stripes and scoop were from the factory if it's a '74. They could be from the dealer, but that's a whole different story.

If the car is rust and bondo free and the drivetrain is in good repair I can see paying $4 to $5k for it, especially in Canada. Maybe a little more because of the Canada thing, you guys seem to pay a lot for these cars up there.

I paid $2k for my '74 /6 Duster, original paint, 91k original miles, no real rust at all. But the /6 was on its last legs, and it wasn't exactly perfect. This is what it looked like after I cleaned it up a little and put cop rims on it.

IMG_3619.jpg

You should pay scrap value for any ugly a** 73-76 Dart/Duster lol. The front ends are pointed to lead you to the direction of the scrap yard!

I love guys like you. No imagination whatsoever. Keeps prices down on the 73+ cars though, and that's good. I bought my '74 for $2k and put a complete '71 front end on it for $500. I paid $300 for the tail panel. So, now it looks like a '71 Demon, and I only paid about $3k. Good luck finding a '71 Demon, rust free, for that. Not to mention I can do anything I want to it without damaging the resale value, if I cared, which I don't.

Not that there's anything wrong with the 73+ cars anyway, I'd rather drive a 73+ car than anything new. They almost always have BBP disk brakes, unlike the useless SBP drums on the early cars. Better engine mounts, better sway bar design, BBP 8.25's in the V8 cars, what's not to like?

Location needs to be kept in mind. In the NW corner of Illinois, these cars are impossible to find. Rust has crunched them. I remember in the mid 80's it was a task to find a 78 - 79 Volare with minimal rust. Right now, in my location, these cars are either restored and they are asking $$$$$, or they are complete parts cars, and seldom seen. Therefore, with a little lower 1/4 rust, so - so interior, this car would not be a hard sell for 4k.

What a useless post. :sign3:
That's a great way to help a member here, (insert any insulting swear word you like).

I read through every post, and I found nothing useless from anyone, except this post...

I would say 3500-4 but if you really want it and it is rust free bid high to get it you can spend some real coin on body work real fast. Just be happy with what you bid.

Ahhhh, now I get it too :)

Sorry for the confusion, the post i was referring to stated something about it being a beak car and all beak cars from '73 to '76 are worthless.
I was surprised when i red through this again and the post was deleted completely.
This makes me look like an a-hole towards you.

I guess a few things need to be taking into consideration
maybe most important, cashflow

how much are you willing to spend NOW and how much are you expecting to spend over the course of the next few years?

also, what are your plans for the car?
do you like the beaknose?
is this the very first one your considering?

when I was looking for one I made a list in my head

70-72 =100 points
73 and up = 75 point
demon = 100 points
duster = 85 point
dart sport = 75 points
v8 = 100 points
/6= 75 points
disc brakes =100 points
drum brakes = 75 points
EL5 = 100 points
not EL5 = 75 points

overall condition between 0 and 100 points

add it all up and a green driver quality 71 demon with a V8 and drum brakes is 525 points
a show quality EL5 74 duster with a /6 and disc brakes is 535 points

the higher the points the more desirable the car is

then use that to compare cars that are not exactly the same

You should pay scrap value for any 73-76 Dart/Duster lol. The front ends are pointed to lead you to the direction of the scrap yard!

^Still a useless reply. We get it, you come back to make it a point that your a jackass on purpose. Congratulations on being a bland fanboy.

-
Back