Question Re Centerline Auto Drag Wheels

-

RPMagoo

Just An Old Motorhead
Reaction score
One wheel has a one piece center / no ridge. -- The other wheel has a outer ridge ,and appears to be a 2 piece wheel. The one without a ridge is definitely a Centerline. -- The one with a ridge, according to the seller (I have not seen the wheel) "Has Centerline stamped on the back side". --- My question is -- Did Centerline make Auto Drag Wheels both ways ?
Wheel - No Ridge.JPG
Wheel - Ridge.JPG

Last edited:
Centerline stamped all of their wheels. Have the seller send you close up pictures of both sides of the rims.

-- Centerline stamped all of their wheels. Have the seller send you close up pictures of both sides of the rims. --
-- I can't find a stamping on the one with no ridge, but that wheel (15" X 10") was put on the car when it was built in 79 -80. The Guy, who built it, is a 76 year old Car Guy, My friend, who has buit several rods, and He bought the wheels, back then, and His word is as good as Gold. -- That takes Me back to My original question. -- The wheel with a ridge is a 15" X 7".

-- And the point of that info is ? --
-- Possibly the 15" X 7", with ridge, wheel is a real Centerline and they did make them 2 different ways. -- I'm trying to match The wheels to pictures of the car (which I now own), in 3 magazines in the early 80s, and I do not have the front wheels, but they appear, at about 11 o'clock to have a ridge , and the builder can't say for sure. The rear wheels came with the car.
33 - From Magazine.JPG

that just confirms what I said. Where's the confusion? --
-- The ones that I was looking at, to buy, had a ridge. -- Thanks to all who contributed. -- Now it's a DEAD ISSUE. -- On to something else.

I worked for Centerline for 12 years.
Centerline made the Auto Drag in 2 ways.
The one without the ridge is the original Auto Drag that was stamped out.
The one with the ridge is what they called the Auto Drag III
It was a 2 piece custom built wheel.

what confusion ?

The ???? after what you said, made me think you were questioning the validity or just confused.

I worked for Centerline for 12 years.
It was a 2 piece custom built wheel.

News to me, thanks for clarification.

-- I worked for Centerline for 12 years.
It was a 2 piece custom built wheel. --
-- Thanks - That answers My question in post #1. -- BTW - Welcome -- to FABO, from Pa.

-
Back