Question...

-

DouglasMB

Reaction score
How do you know when to much rust is to much? my 67 2 door valiant has alot of rust underneath, the frame rails? are really rusted, and the doors look like they are starting to sepperate. How do you know as a Newbie what's to much?

my brother says that he can fix anything, but I have never seen him finish a project... I was told there were framerail sleves you could get... i just don't know anything about any of this. I am going to go home tonight and take pics the best I can and post them and see what you guys think. thanks for your time.

Doulgas

It comes down to this..

How much do you love this car?

If it is the one you have always wanted, and are willing to invest a ton of time and money into without the chance of ever getting it back out, then possibly.

Or can you take half of that amount and buy something that requires a smaller amount of work and enjoy it sooner.

Anything can be fixed, but IMO, unless it is something rare, desirable, or has a sentimental personal attachment that I would rather learn/work on for a few years than drive.. it's a parts donor.

To me the simple answer is, when it's cheaper to replace the car than to fix it. This may not be a good rule of thumb when there is sentimental value attached or if it's a super rare version that would be impossible to replace.

-
Back