question

-

arkansasdave

67 notch
Reaction score
I currently have my big block 67 coupe but I have a 79 Scout II with a 345 I am planning to start my overall restoration of the Scout but I am building a new engine and I am crating up the 345 putting it in the shop because it is stubborn, cold natured, don't have enough grunt it's a good engine but not what I want in there at this time I have pondered on it for some time and decided to either go 440, 400 or possibly 383 because I can remove my 727 international trans that has a different bell housing pattern and use a 727 chrysler with my Scout tail shaft and housing and I will be ready to bolt it in there without modifing drive shafts or anything I will probably swap the rear axle it is a dana 44 and upgrade to a 60 or a 14 bolt. Anyway I have an idea about it and have built many engines and put together what I thought was a good combo so I want to put this big block together for a 4x4 I want a good all around rig I won't do much towing with this but I want a rv/4x4 type cam, probably a Edlbrk rpm intake, headers just the basics. Does anyone have experiance with this on cam selection for this application, header type, intake, ignition, etc. I plan on running a thermo quad or a throttle body injection. Any ideas or advice is appreciated.

thanks,
Arkansas Dave

Personally I would shop around for a junk motor home with a good engine and use it. I have a 360 in a motor home that has 37,000 original miles that I got for $250.00.

-
Back