Questions about Dash Cluster

-

Rengo

Reaction score
I recently purchased a set up to replace the dash cluster (speedometer, tach., etc..)

I need to know what I need to do to replace the entire set up.
I know I need to disconnect the wiper and turn signal set ups.. what about wires? do I need to remove steering column or wheel?

This is going into a 1975 Ply. Duster
all input is appreciated, Jared.

Much easier if you drop the column, and easy to do. UNHOOK the battery!! Remove the 4 or so bolts at the floor plate, there should be a bolt hid "up in" by the pedals that holds the column. Pull the ignition/ turn signal connectors after removing the little trim under the column and remove the 2 nuts up under there. You might have to unlock the column and turn the wheel 1/4 turn or so to get the steering coupler into an "advantageous" position, and the column should drop right down.

Biggest trick is the knob for the headlight switch. Pull the switch out to "on" and reach up around the back to the switch. There's a release knob that allows the knob AND SHAFT to pull clear out of the switch

knob+shaft+release+button.JPG

Unhook the speedo, the wiper switch knob (setscrew) pull the screws out of the cluster and work it out "a little" until you can get to the ammeter connections and cluster harness connector.

Here is my current situation, I have everything off of the first cluster, and I am trying to separate the face plate from the "guts" I removed the light switch but I cannot separate the front piece from the rest of it. Do I need to remove the washer looking deal where the lights and wipers were? If so, how do I do this?

-
Back