questions about electical underhood stuff

-

rp23g7

Reaction score
I am getting ready to order a new wiring harness, and other underhood electrical stuff for the 73 Duster i just bought.

Its getting a new wiring harness and a new ignition box. There is another electrical connection of the right inner fender, its connected to the alternator it looks like.

What is it, and what does it do?

Photo? color(s) of wires? What kind of connectors is on it/ them?

Photo? color(s) of wires? What kind of connectors is on it/ them?

Oh sorry, I will take some when I get home, I thought it may be a standard thing on 73 and up cars, its a box like the electronic ignition box with a rubber electrical plug, its silver and flatmounted on the right inner fender, pics to follow.

Sounds like your voltage regulator...
C

Here it is, the little silver box

IMAG0455.jpg

voltage regulator for the alternator...mopar alternators have an external voltage regulator...

thats the voltage reg. you'll find the new harness will put that over on the drives side firewall. not sure why someone put it there.

thanks guys, I think the previous owners came from "Billy Joe Bobs House of Car Repair, some of the stuff on this car is unbelievable.

It had a feedback carb on it, with no Lean Burn, motorcycle mirrors, when the tag says it has the Racing Sport Mirrors, i changed the Idler arm yesterday, one side had two small zip ties through the cotter pin hole, the other had a small wire, tied in a knot, SIGH,

The good thing is that the engine, trans and rear dont leak, it goes straight down the road now, and the car runs fairly good now, it still needs some carb work as it has a stumble when you give it gas, even though i rebuilt a BBD carb from a 73 Truck, probably the bushing thats leaking, and needs a new alt, i think the bearings or something inside is worn out, its making a weird noise.

-
Back