questions and ideas

-

macho781988

your resident horses a$$
Reaction score
ok i got a 78 360 and its time to get serious about rebuilding it. i got a couple questions and wat to know some egine build combos you guys with 360s have.

1. when a part on summit racing says basic operating range of 1500 or 2500 to 6500 does that mean itll idle at 1500 rpm, or just not have the full power till 1500?

2. wat are the advantages of a dual plane intake, vs a single plane intake vs a six pack?

3. when i get my block back from the machine shop is there anything i can put on it and cover it with till i close it up? ( list brand, where to find it, and prices)

4. wat in a cam dertimines idle lope and get up and go?

the motor is for street but i want some ponies and mpg doesnt matter as id average 8 to 10 anyway. also im gonna try to run a 5spd manual and id like a list of trans that have a bellhousing for a small block mopar.

lastly the list of combos you guys have with 360s. specs brands, how long youve had it hell vids and time sheets will be enteraining to look at too so post em up!

yeah theyre building some nice motors, non of that helps me since it doesnt answer any of my questions. i wanted to know wat a 360 would run either budget build or all out and wat not. just a list of hey its a 360 bored .30 over and running this and a this at this cr and is making this much hp, or even idk my hp but this thing is fun! will work too.

budget wise...kb107 pistons
have stock rods resized with new bolts.
cam...look at comp 268 or comparable lunati ...get springs for heads as needed.
intake....edelbrock performer RPM

on the heads...talk to the machine shop and try to get a quote on price before doing work to see what it cost to get them done....

-
Back