Questions: *Offset* Master Cylinder Adapter

-

Two Lane

Reaction score
Am sure everyone's familiar with the *offset* MC adapters for A-bodies to be used when installing the later model aluminum MCs.

(Not to be confused with the much more common non-offset adapter/spacer allowing use of the later MCs)

It was originally made to allow more VC clearance on Hemi A-bodies, but also helps with clearances on BB A-bodies.

(It is sold by MOPAR, Mancini, & AR.)

http://www.arengineering.com/mastercyl/master_offset/masteroffset.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is anyone here running one?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any issues with the brake pushrod? (length, angle, etc) -------------?

Did your original brake pushgrod work?

Or did it require the adjustable pushrod?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because of the slight lateral offset of the MC, does this resulti in any issues for the stock pushrod?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Appears* all you need is a late-model MC, and the offset adapter.

Is it actually that easy?

How did your install go? -------------------------------- Thanks!

I've used the offset adapter 2x personally & have seen them on countless cars. Aside from needing the adjustable pushrod for it, I had no problems & never heard of any......

Original pushrod doesn't work since it will be too short. Basically you need the longer pushrod and you have to move it to the other side of the pedal. The offset adapter I make is designed to work with the late model 2 bolt MC. The offset adpter that Mopar Performance sells was designed for the cast iron 4 bolt MC. Mine has studs that press in from the back side while the MP one uses screw in studs. I machined mine so that a boot will fit while the MP done doesn't accept a boot.

-
Back