Quick fitment question

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
I'm picking the duster up tonite, and was thinking of getting a few pieces of 8 foot trim
Does anyone know if that fits in a 71 duster with the non folding rear seat?

Take your back seat out, lay the front over...............

Take your back seat out, lay the front over...............
Not worth the trouble
I don't have the duster here, and the store where I'm going to get the trim is on the way home

I’ve hauled some 8ft fluorescent bulbs in my Duster, but I had to use the fold down seat to make it work. Ended up in the passenger front seat too. With the rear seat in place I’d say it’s a no-go.

I decided to toss a tape measure in my bag, when I make it back to the duster I'll see what I can get in there

I almost remember hauling 2x4s in there before, but who knows

8' doesn't fit and close the trunk. I have put 8'+ pieces between the sets and into the passenger foot well. I have had this car since 1985 and was my daily driver for many years till being restored in 2008. I'm not afraid to use it still but I have a truck now.

This was after we already took some out, I think there was another couple rows. You do get some looks when loading, not sure if it is that you are putting these into your "trunk" or that it is a nice car.

You get about 7' and still close the trunk, this is on the Barracudas.

I remember going to the hardware store with my grandfather about 1972 (in this car) to get 8' sheets of corrugated fiberglass sheets, the employee that was helping him out asks where his truck was and my grandfather points to the car, the employee then asks if we need rope to tie them to the room, my grandfather simply says no I'm going to put them in the trunk as he opens the trunk.

2010-08-29_001.jpg

2010-08-29_002.jpg

Alan

Where’s the Duster hiding?
Church

The wife always leaves early for choir practice and then i get there a on hour later for evening service

Then on Mondays, I have a class I take at church, and the wife drops me of here after our sons teakwondo class, and then i drive whatever car I left here home

Looking at a tape measure, it should fit

8' doesn't fit and close the trunk. I have put 8'+ pieces between the sets and into the passenger foot well. I have had this car since 1985 and was my daily driver for many years till being restored in 2008. I'm not afraid to use it still but I have a truck now.

This was after we already took some out, I think there was another couple rows. You do get some looks when loading, not sure if it is that you are putting these into your "trunk" or that it is a nice car.

You get about 7' and still close the trunk, this is on the Barracudas.

I remember going to the hardware store with my grandfather about 1972 (in this car) to get 8' sheets of corrugated fiberglass sheets, the employee that was helping him out asks where his truck was and my grandfather points to the car, the employee then asks if we need rope to tie them to the room, my grandfather simply says no I'm going to put them in the trunk as he opens the trunk.

View attachment 1715238700
View attachment 1715238701

Alan
hahaha. I was doing some remodeling, and I had occasion to pick up some pre-hung doors in my 66 cuda. I loved the expression on people faces in the parking lot when I start sliding the door and jamb assembly into the trunk. It keeps going and going, and then it's all the way in, and I shut the rear decklid. Priceless!

Well, turns out it was a moot point, they only had the trim I needed in 7, 10 and 16 foot sections, so I got 3 7 footers which fit easily

-
Back