quick flywheel question

-

dustya_383

Reaction score
so i made the rookie mistake of lacing a battery on top of my flywheel while i was cleaning my garage up a bit and the battery leaked acid on the flywheel. its only on the surface it was eatin into, but is it ok to run. will the clutch just burn it off?? thanks

...Good time to have it surfaced before putting it back in...that new disc (hint hint) will love a fresh face to hook to.

haha funny thing is the flywheel is brand new never used from 440 source. and gotta have a brand new flywheel surfaced now

on the bright side its only 20-30 bucks (at least my local shop is). your better off resurfacing it than having to do everything all over if it doesn't work properly. I've had to do jobs twice, it sucks.

30% sulfuric acid will do a number on bare steel. Hepefully it didn't make any deep pits in the surface. Did this happen recently? If so, you might want to neutralize it with some baking soda to be sure its not causing any more damage.

Any Minimum thickness reasonably allowed? The reason I ask is I had mine cleaned up and got side tracked for a while(14 mo. grandson) and rust set in. I know I should have soaked with lube but forgot. Can clean again but am concerned. Stock flywheel,Hays disc and pressure plate,Doug Nash Gears. Drag Race only. Any help will be greatly appreciated. ThankYou

This thread is worthless without.....

large_pitcher_optic.jpg

-
Back