Quick Fuel Brawler carbs are they good?

-

Dusterguy

Reaction score
Im plannin to buy new 750 double pumper carb. I found these carbs and they look like Holley DP to me but they are cheaper prize. Does anyone have experience of these and are they as good as Holley double pumpers?

Brawler BR-67213 750 CFM Brawler Street Carburetor Mechanical Secondary
333.jpg

I can't comment specifically on the Brawler but, I have a QF (750 race) on my 408 and it's fantastic.

Same. I run a QF on one of my engines and it's great. My engine builder uses QF carbs exclusively.

You don't need a choke.

Second...before I bought that I'd call BLP and look at a B4X 750. They are close to the same money.

If its made by Quickfuel it's probably a good carb.been running a Quickfuel Q850 on 2 different engines for 6 seasons now,BEST carb. I ever bought!!!

Holley now owns QF. QF uses Pro Form parts. That's why I said check with BLP first.

If that is all true I'd run the proform carb. THey are the cheapest.

I'm running a 950 proform on my car and love it. Works great

If that is all true I'd run the proform carb. THey are the cheapest.

I'm running a 950 proform on my car and love it. Works great

So do I. If the customer doesn't want a BLP or Braswell they are better off with a ProForm deal.

The BLP and Braswell stuff is far and away better for not much more money than a QF. QF does better advertising.

I currently have Edelbrock performer carb with manual choke, it helps but isnt really necessary. I looked up BLP B4X 750 and they are something like 800 bucks. It is out of my budget.

Im going to buy this Brawler carb. Thanks for help.

I currently have Edelbrock performer carb with manual choke, it helps but isnt really necessary. I looked up BLP B4X 750 and they are something like 800 bucks. It is out of my budget.

QFs work great. Before you buy call Holley and ask them if the metering blocks have changeable emulsion bleeds. They list MAB, IAB, IFR, and PVCR as changeable in their add.

I went thru my brother's QF 650DP and the main body was Proform. Nice carb and excellent fuel curve out of the box.

Just to save me the frustration of trying to find that carb, can you tell me what the brawler goes for?

I'd like to say if you are going to buy a QF, I'd get one without the choke.

You have nailed it as far as the reason a lot of us don't have some really trick custom parts or Edelbrock heads or whatever it is that you want lol lol....

I looked up BLP B4X 750 and they are something like 800 bucks. It is out of my budget..

You have nailed it as far as the reason a lot of us don't have some really trick custom parts or Edelbrock heads or whatever it is that you want lol lol....

That's why I was asking the cost. To me, a couple of hundred buck more for a carb is cheap. I can tell you that fully prepped Comp eliminator tunnel ram carbs are better than 4K. Each. And that was last time I looked. Which was 2009 so they may be more now.

Now see to me a couple hundred bucks is outrageous.
We all know for a fact one of those fancy computerized carburetors is better in every way, but one has to look directly through the wallet of the beholder?
Me personally, I have 4 cheap junk crap Edelbrock 600cfm carbs- One I paid $10 for, one that came with the Duster, two that were given to me. Three on two working motors that run great. $800 for a carburetor - #1 don't have it.
To me it's all relevant- expense, necessity...
I would love to give experience on the carburetor but it seems is all I have for you is experience without it.
I will have to wonder if over how much time I would have had better performance better gas mileage Etc.

Now see to me a couple hundred bucks is outrageous.
We all know for a fact one of those fancy computerized carburetors is better in every way, but one has to look directly through the wallet of the beholder?
Me personally, I have 4 cheap junk crap Edelbrock 600cfm carbs- One I paid $10 for, one that came with the Duster, two that were given to me. Three on two working motors that run great. $800 for a carburetor - #1 don't have it.
To me it's all relevant- expense, necessity...
I would love to give experience on the carburetor but it seems is all I have for you is experience without it.
I will have to wonder if over how much time I would have had better performance better gas mileage Etc.

I wouldn't have mentioned it if the OP was looking to buy an edelbrock. He's looking to spend close to $500.00 or a bit more for the brawler. IMO, for a little bit more, the BLP or a Braswell or Dale Cubic carb is more than worth it. They don't pull them off the shelf. They build them one at a time.

The money you spend up front saves time and more money later.

That's why I always so don't step over a donut to pick up a dog turd. Not that any carb mentioned is a dog turb, but a carb isn't a place to skimp.

WHERE CAN WE SKIMP !!???
I wouldn't have mentioned it if the OP was looking to buy an edelbrock. He's looking to spend close to $500.00 or a bit more for the brawler. IMO, for a little bit more, the BLP or a Braswell or Dale Cubic carb is more than worth it. They don't pull them off the shelf. They build them one at a time.

The money you spend up front saves time and more money later.

That's why I always so don't step over a donut to pick up a dog turd. Not that any carb mentioned is a dog turb, but a carb isn't a place to skimp.

Easy....we re-use the Holley 600 1850 that we used 40 years ago on an early build! Like I put on my son's new 340.... LOL. Then spend $150-200 on a decent AFR and use that to help you learn tuning. THAT is a tool you can use forever.

BTW, that Brawler is selling for $395. (Or 12 easy payments with Jegs)

-
Back