• Proform

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
WHICH is better and why ??? Quality? Performance? Support? QF is about 100 bucks more than Proform, both drag race series.
1666395069245.png

1666395100955.png

I've run two different proform carbs on two different cars. Real happy with both. had a friend do some things to my proform 650dp this week. he said it had a bunch of qf parts in it. only thing i ever changed were jets.

I’m not versed in pro form and barely Holley and trying to figure it all out. Do they take all the same parts like power valves and jets and gaskets or are they brand specific. And my apologies for side tracking the thread.

I’m not versed in pro form and barely Holley and trying to figure it all out. Do they take all the same parts like power valves and jets and gaskets or are they brand specific. And my apologies for side tracking the thread.
my proform talks all holley parts.

Take your pick, they're from the same factory in China, just assembled in a different part of the factory for the brand stamp. lol

Same offshore carb with a different sticker??

I have one of each and have been happy with both.

If you're not in a hurry, you can sign up for alerts when Holley has a factory refurbished version of the one you're interested in for about 55% the cost of the brand new version. I got my Brawler 67213 (750 DP) like that last year.

Neither. Go find an early list Holley in what ever size you want and convert the bleeds yourself. You'll save yourself a lot of money and be way ahead.

Unless of course you want it for your youtube channel in that case get a HP or Other "mainbody" and covert an existing Holley to a wiz bang new style exotic race carb that people will want to watch so they can do it.

Neither. Go find an early list Holley in what ever size you want and convert the bleed yourself. You'll save yourself a lot of money and be way ahead.
Holley wasn't one of the options. But thanks.

I have the Quick Fuel Slayer 450VS on Vixen and it runs fantastic. If I can figure out how to tune it, a chimp can. So although I've no experience with the Pro Form, I have to give Quick Fuel the thumbs up. The ported head engine is gonna get the Quick Fuel Brawler 600 double pumper.

If look closely at the 2 main bodies they are different in the venturii shape so depending on the vacuum signal generated may require calibrating accordingly.

I have the QF 850 Brawler and my A/F is dead stable at WOT. Really happy with it. It was fat at low rpm. I jetted the primary down 2 steps. Secondary 1 step.

Last edited:
One thing I noticed about both is that the idle feed restrictors are in the top position. That's easy enough to fix though. On the engines I've had, they've always had more stable AFRs when the IFR is in the lower position. I have no idea why though.

One thing I noticed about both is that the idle feed restrictors are in the top position. That's easy enough to fix though. On the engines I've had, they've always had more stable AFRs when the IFR is in the lower position. I have no idea why though.
No one does. Discharge co efficients of jets in a liquid are far more stable and consistent.

So I gather it's best to buy the cheaper of the two as there is not much difference.

So I gather it's best to buy the cheaper of the two as there is not much difference.

Yes. Get the Pro Form and save the hundred bucks. Doesn’t matter which one you buy, you need to verify what the tune up is. They are never the same and never correct for what I do.

Are the Pro Forms just as tuneable as the Quick Fuels?

I don't see where the Pro Forms are cheaper.

I bought a Pro Form 950. Like posted above moved the IFR down and put T slot restrictors in and it works great. Idle bleeds, PVCR and emulsions are all threaded for adjustability.

I bought a Pro Form 950. Like posted above moved the IFR down and put T slot restrictors in and it works great. Idle bleeds, PVCR and emulsions are all threaded for adjustability.
Does it have PVCF's? I couldn't remember if they did or not.

Doe you mean pcv vacuum port yes. Power valve channel restrictors, yes, adjustable.

I bought my 750 qft street q-series refurbished from holley for $399 check the Holley website.

-
Back