Quick question about NSS

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
I have a 77/904 built for racing in my 66 Dart,it has a new 3 prong neutral safety switch.Can I just put a tube connector on the center prong and run it to the starter relay ground?It,s just to pass tech so the car won,t start in gear.Will this work?If not what can I do,I have no need for reverse lights.Any help will be appreaciated.Thanks

Hmmmm, I have no idea, but maybe Fishy68 will jump in w/ a thought. He seems to know a bunch about trannys.

if u are running a aftermarket shifter, most of those have a safety switch.

if ur just looking for the grounding plug, wire up a small bulb to power and touch each prong to see when the light comes on. just make sure once u do that to see if the bulb goes off in gear

also i'll look in my manuals and see whats what...

if u are running a aftermarket shifter, most of those have a safety switch.

if ur just looking for the grounding plug, wire up a small bulb to power and touch each prong to see when the light comes on. just make sure once u do that to see if the bulb goes off in gear

also i'll look in my manuals and see whats what...
It,s a 3 prong and the outer 2 are just for reverse lights,so I,m hoping it,ll work just running the center one to the starter relay(ground)
P.S The 66 Dart NSS is only a 1 prong

Seems reasonable to me too. Test it out. Bet it works.

It should work if you use the right prong. I have a jumper to ground on my relay (just for start-up/break-in) and it works fine.

-
Back