quick question.

-

brandon2701

brandon2701
Reaction score
the question is whether or not an e-bodies (1970 'cuda) 8 3/4 chunk can fit into my A-bodies (68' Dart) 8 3/4 rear-end??? i know there is a difference between the two length wise but does that mean that the center chunks are different.....and if they are not different then would is be a simple swap between the two or does someone know of any problems? Thanks in advance......Aloha

the center section is no different and can bolt right up to an a body rear end

The 3rd members will swap housing to housing but there are some different pinion flanges. 7260 U-joints (2 1/8") 7290 U-joints (2 5/8") are the most common but there are some others that came on Imperials and full size C-bodies with the C/V joint type driveshaft that are different as well as some early truck varieties. Between 3rd member housings (and therefore pinion shafts) there are coarse and fine splines in most versions too. Some will interchange but some won't so it's best to get a 3rd member with the same exact u-joint size so you don't run into compatibility problems. There are conversion u-joints available in some sizes but I always thought those were mickey mouse.

-
Back