Quick question

-

Jeremiah1981

Master Shake in Training
Reaction score
One of the members on here (rjsjea) has a demon that I am digging the stance on. It looks really nice. I want kind of the same setup, but I have a 1966 Dodge Dart 277 Sedan. My question is, since I am not into racing, just into driving, is there a cost effective way of getting this stance with a smaller wheel size (16" or 17" preferred) without dropping $3500 on the AlterKtion kit?

Here is the link to rjsjea's Demon. They have the AlterKtion kit. I am not against the kit. Anything that improves handling and makes the car look better is a plus. But I just don't know where I am going to get $3500 for the suspension...also, for a kit like this what would need to be done in the rear to get the same look (the 4-link kit?)

attachment.php

That does look awsome!

But to drive a car that low to the ground around here on the street would be driving without wheels at all!!!! The streets are so crappy here it would spend more time on the K frame than the wheels!:cwm10:

You could turn the torsion bars down, (not all the way) but you'll need to do an alignment after. Then you could use lowering blocks in the rear. 2" blocks might do the trick. You won't get the same stance as (rjsjea) but it would be similar. Good luck.

You could turn the torsion bars down, (not all the way) but you'll need to do an alignment after. Then you could use lowering blocks in the rear. 2" blocks might do the trick. You won't get the same stance as (rjsjea) but it would be similar. Good luck.

thank you, I will look into that.

theres 2" dropped spindles available now also, a little more work than lowering t-bars but the results are better.

I think (I may be wrong) that the 2" drop spindles are only available for the larger balljoints on the later (and Large Bolt Pattern) 73-73 A bodies. Which means new upper control arms, lower balljoints, and brake hardware. I think you will find doing that swap is the best anyway, because you will have trouble finding wheels in the size you want in the 5 on 4" pattern on our earlier A's. You may also look into new rear leafsprings instead instead of blocks. They can be purchased in stock height, or 2" lower from several companies. Good Luck getting that Dart in the dirt.

-
Back