Quickfuel Slayer 450 CFM carb gasket

-

cchrishefish

Reaction score
I will be running an Aussiespeed Hurricane long runner intake with a 4 barrel quickfuel Slayer 450 CFM carb. Since I live in a colder climate I will be running a manifold pre heater hooked to my heater hoses. I was told by Quickfuel to not run the heat resistant carburetor gasket for this application. In another forum someone recommended a 1/2 inch thick standard carb gasket for this application. I have searched for one and I am not finding anything thicker than 1/4 inch. So what is the purpose of a thicker gasket, and do I really need one?

Or should I use a combination of a spacer with 2 regular gaskets?

That intake is not going to get warm like a slants would. If you preheat the incoming air over the exhaust, then you should not need the special carb gasket. Just run a standard 4bbl gasket for starters. Interesting to note how it will run with those long runners. Should be very peaky.

I run that intake with the thin paper gasket. no issues, I don't have the heater either. have run it ( just to move around the driveway ) during winter without issues.
had a 450 on mine, was never able to get the tune right for me ( mechanical secondary's didn't help ) have since switched to a FiTech setup with good results.

I run that intake with the thin paper gasket. no issues, I don't have the heater either. have run it ( just to move around the driveway ) during winter without issues.
had a 450 on mine, was never able to get the tune right for me ( mechanical secondary's didn't help ) have since switched to a FiTech setup with good results.
The Quickfuel Slayer 450 CFM has greater adjustments than many other carbs. The vaccum secondaries have adjustable options to open up at various throttle percentages.

im sure that will help tons, knowing my plans were to add boost down the road it just made more sense to spend a little more on fuel injection for me.

-
Back