Qusetion on 63 Dart GT purchase

-

Hideogumperjr

Reaction score
Hi all, not sure where to post this question so please point me to the right forum if not correct.
I have a 63 Dart convertible and have found a 63 Dart hard top GT I am looking at to purchase. It has considerable rust in both rear quarter panels 6-8 inches up and all along the bottom. It also got smacked on the drivers front quarterpanel and has a replacement fender and hood. The passenger side fender looks a little bent out, all this on a cursory check.
The car hasnt run in 8-10 years motor was a bit tough to get turning but a little tugging on the fan got it moving. The interior is not too bad bucket seats have some rips.
My questions:
Are there replacement quarter panels or sheet metal to cut out the rotten rust and weld back in?
He is asking $1500 so I am wondering if its work the exasperation of cutting out the rust and redooing.
Again if I misposted please be gentle and I will repost correctly, yall have always been great help and I say Thanks in advance.
Cheers.

Man--that sounds like a parts car, and I wouldn't pay 1500, or half that for the car you described.

You can find rust free cars rom CA/AZ/NV and get them for a little more than that--you'd just need to ship or go get. A little more up front, a lot less headache later. Just say "no" to that rustbucket.

pics of it would go a long ways. depending on the rust, it may be worth it to fix. sometimes the rust is only limited to the lower rear quarters. but my experience has been that if you have a lot of rot behind the rear wheels, the trunk and floor pans are usually gone too. without any kind of pictures, this is hard to answer.

Sorry I did not get any pictures of the car did not think to take my camera with me and it was nasty weather.
Thanks for all the input I greatly appreciate it.
Cheers.

Paid 1200 for my 64 rust free car that ran and drove I'm sure you can find better or offer less . Pics would help though.

Nice deal!
Thanks for the input, I decided to keep looking as I did not want the headaches with the rust plus no idea what the engine and tranny were like as it had not run in 8-10 years.
Thanks again!

Good plan. You have to blow off sellers who have been watching Mecum Auctions and think their inherited car is worth $5K with no effort on their part.

Nice deal!
Thanks for the input, I decided to keep looking as I did not want the headaches with the rust plus no idea what the engine and tranny were like as it had not run in 8-10 years.
Thanks again!
Well if u ever come down this way i know where there are a few one 64 gt hard top and 2 66 2dorr post cars ones a sb 4 speed car but none run and have alittle rust

-
Back