R.I.P. KOWALSKI

-
I was able to get this exact lable a few years back.Still available on Ebay yet today.

Excellent DVD, excellent video quality, you can even see the bugs on the windshield as he is coming at you.

There was even the Offshore Version on the back side. Did not care for that version... a little strange. US version is best.

View attachment 1716099065

View attachment 1716099066

☆☆☆☆☆
I have that same DVD, and I have to agree, the European version is a little different.

Yes there is a newer version with Viggo Mortensen I believe. Still pretty good but not Barry Newman.

I was never into the car chase thing as that's only pretty much what is going on through out the movie. American Graffiti was awesome, shows like that I like the best.

It's more like a trip back in time for me or a visual of how it was in this country in the early 70s...the culture, and attitudes the "run from the cops" vibe.. it isn't all about the cars. I do love it when people don't get the story line, Two lane blacktop is the same easy rider etc. folks always knock the lack of a story but there is a story. You just have to take it all in.

It's more like a trip back in time for me or a visual of how it was in this country in the early 70s...the culture, and attitudes the "run from the cops" vibe.. it isn't all about the cars. I do love it when people don't get the story line, Two lane blacktop is the same easy rider etc. folks always knock the lack of a story but there is a story. You just have to take it all in.
I thought easy rider was as boring as it gets.

I thought easy rider was as boring as it gets.
Most folks do... I wasn't there but i think it was a hit at the box office at the time and a quick search shows it grossed $60 million since it was released. Its probably a cultural thing ..culture now isn't what it was in 1969 and 70.

I found another one from 1971 a movie called " Drag Racer" about a guy breaking into Top fuel racing.

-
Back