R/t cylinder heads

-
how much would a good race prep'd valvle job and a bowl porting of the cylinder heads cost? roughly?

If your referring to the heads used on 5.9 Dakota R/T's their no different than any other 5.9 magnum head. In fact the entire engine is no different than any other 5.9 magnum engine. All Dodge did was slap a 360 from a Ram into a Dakota and stick some R/T labels on it.

There was a difference on the exhaust manifolds. The Dakota R/T 92-93 only had the 2 1/8 outlet manifolds which were superseded by the 94 on manifolds which had smaller outlets. There was a 10 horsepower drop as a result

There was a difference on the exhaust manifolds. The Dakota R/T 92-93 only had the 2 1/8 outlet manifolds which were superseded by the 94 on manifolds which had smaller outlets. There was a 10 horsepower drop as a result

Uhh... There was a 92-93 Dakota R/T? I bought a new Dakota in 93 and don't remember their being a R/T option, nor was the 360 engine available in a Dakota or I would have got it. I am familiar with the exhaust manifolds change in 94 but to my knowledge that change came about long before the R/T option came along, which I though wasn't until the new body design happened in 96 or 97. Anyway, when I said it was the same engine I meant nothing in the long block changed from the standard Ram engine. It's evident the original poster wasn't talking about the Dakota R/T engine's heads anyway. I knew of the Mopar aftermarket aluminum R/T heads but didn't know about the cast ones he was talking about. :D

300hp create is just a stock magnum dress like an LA with a dual plane, it would be hard to increase Torque in any meaning fully way, Torque gonna come from better filling of the cylinders at low rpm, low to zero back pressure exhaust, low restriction intake tract but with gaining or at least without losing low rpm intake/exhaust velocity.
Gears are probably your best bet

3.23 x 400TQ = 1292
4.10 x 400TQ = 1640
1640 / 3.23 = 508TQ
so 4.10's is like gaining 100+ lb ft at the engine which would be building a 408+ engine

Hi Men, we are going circle track open wheel modified racing and we built a killer lightweight 360. The problem is the only head we can run is the Magnum R/T P5007140 head. I have found one and another had port work done which was no good to me. If you know of anyone who has one or a pair please let me know. This is a 10yr old project for a division that went defunct and now we have a chance to put it back on the dyno to see if we can make enough power with the R/T heads to compete. thanks

I have a single MP R/T head. New never bolted to a vehicle, but will need some clean up from sitting around for a long time.
It is a complete head, but will sell either complete or bare.

-
Back