R3 block

-

scampman416

Reaction score
Hi every one I am new to this site I have been racing my 71 Valiant for about five years and have finally blowen up my 360 engine with NOS.
I am now building an R3 block I have a light wieght drag crank 4" strock from Scat Diamond pistons and Eagle rods with the 2000 bolt kit.

Q: Is there any mods I need to do to this block to handle 700 HP
Q: I have ported Edelbrock heads will they work or do I need to step it up and if so to what. I want to stay with my Dual tunnel ram system, I have it all set up with NOS plates, 250 shot

Q:What cam should a guy use (roller) it is the 59 deg block

Comp has a new lifter that has an offset pushrod cup and a new interior tie bar. You should not try to clearance the vblock by hand for the std roller lifters as there is water right behind the bumps in the valley and I've seen several guys hit it. Shady Dell Speed has a CNC program for that block that will clearance the lifter tie bars safely.

Comp has a new lifter that has an offset pushrod cup and a new interior tie bar. You should not try to clearance the vblock by hand for the std roller lifters as there is water right behind the bumps in the valley and I've seen several guys hit it. Shady Dell Speed has a CNC program for that block that will clearance the lifter tie bars safely.

That good to know.... I hope my machine shop knew that when they did mine.

Sorry I replyed to the wrong guy, So thanks to you for the info, I have been trying to contact speedy dells but never an anwser.

I run a 416 in my duster, same block has yours, eddies heads ported,1 3/4 super comps, 630 lift solid roller cam, ported victor intake, 850 double pumper, 14-1 comp, made 582 hp, and 544 lbs torque, heads holding back, will need better heads to get 700hp, (i hand ground my lifter area) (i did not know anything about the water issues back then (5years ago) i guess i got lucky, One problem i had was i lost the frost plug behind the drivers motor mount, so i went to chevy 400 small block deep lip ones (they are the same size), outside of that i had very good luck, just make sure you install oil passage frost plug by the oil pump passage area (mine was not in the block when i bought it) and welcome to the site,

I run a 416 in my duster, same block has yours, eddies heads ported,1 3/4 super comps, 630 lift solid roller cam, ported victor intake, 850 double pumper, 14-1 comp, made 582 hp, and 544 lbs torque, heads holding back, will need better heads to get 700hp, (i hand ground my lifter area) (i did not know anything about the water issues back then (5years ago) i guess i got lucky, One problem i had was i lost the frost plug behind the drivers motor mount, so i went to chevy 400 small block deep lip ones (they are the same size), outside of that i had very good luck, just make sure you install oil passage frost plug by the oil pump passage area (mine was not in the block when i bought it) and welcome to the site,
Thanks for your input, I see your car ran a 10.31 in the 1/4 thats All I want to do is run 10,0s so since this is costing a bundle I might run the Edys for next season with a 150 shot of NOS since I have them all ready, I am running a factor 4 speed although I have super pro shifted it with Liberty gears, shifts like butter at any RPM. I would like to run the Indy heads and stay with my tunnel ram NOS set up I have. thanks again

Have you thought of stepping up to a fogger kit?
Well the kit I have, dual plate system is good for 250 shot, I think I would like to try it first and put the money into heads in stead so I can run 10.0s on engine only, and use the NOS to get slapped once and a wile. The Edy heads and a 250 shot would surly do that ? I just don't want to run NOS all the time. Even though I am building a NOS frendly engine I'm still nervise after my last epasode.

-
Back