R6 Red Interior Paint Suggestions?

-

69 M-CODE CUDA

Reaction score
Hello. I'm new to this forum, but not to my '69 'Cuda that I bought from my brother in 1973! Anyway, I'm in the process of freshening up the interior, and need to paint some 'new' kick panels as close to the original red paint as I can get. Any suggestions on vinyl paint for this?

Thanks,
Doug

100_1303.jpg

Try Herb's Parts. He sells a lot of interior spray dyes for different years. I used the 69 red and matches pretty good

Wow! Vynal top M code car!
More pics and info please. Im sure it is optioned up if it has a top.

I’m not sure it has that many options. Other than pinning you in the bucket seats, of course. Just an AM radio, headlight buzzer, trunk lite, and of course the mandatory M car options; auto tranny, 3.55 gears, console, head rests. No PB or PS.

I’ve driven it almost every year since 1973. It has about 80k miles now, and the original tranny and wheels are long gone. But the B&M torque flight that was put in by my brother around 1972 will still give you wheel spin through all the gears. Other than that it’s all original and the engine has never been removed. Still runs like a beast.

Sadly it does need a paint job now, the lacquer paint we put on in ‘80 has all but fallen off since then. But there’s no rust and the chrome is still shiny so that should be a slam dunk.

I was told by Tom Weinstadt (‘69 440 ‘Cuda registry) that it may be the only one with the white vinyl top, which I’ve heard referred to as the ‘Slickback’ roof option.?

21E61CFB-DFD0-4418-9A14-16D631145D7D.png

I’m not sure it has that many options. Other than pinning you in the bucket seats, of course. Just an AM radio, headlight buzzer, trunk lite, and of course the mandatory M car options; auto tranny, 3.55 gears, console, head rests. No PB or PS.

I’ve driven it almost every year since 1973. It has about 80k miles now, and the original tranny and wheels are long gone. But the B&M torque flight that was put in by my brother around 1972 will still give you wheel spin through all the gears. Other than that it’s all original and the engine has never been removed. Still runs like a beast.

Sadly it does need a paint job now, the lacquer paint we put on in ‘80 has all but fallen off since then. But there’s no rust and the chrome is still shiny so that should be a slam dunk.

I was told by Tom Weinstadt (‘69 440 ‘Cuda registry) that it may be the only one with the white vinyl top, which I’ve heard referred to as the ‘Slickback’ roof option.?

View attachment 1715118074
Very cool story! Its awesome you have been able to keep it in your family for so long. Actually, it sounds like your ‘Cuda has alot more options than most M-Codes.
Good luck with your future body and paint build. Start a thread when you get going and let us follow your progress with lotsa pics

Hello. I'm new to this forum, but not to my '69 'Cuda that I bought from my brother in 1973! Anyway, I'm in the process of freshening up the interior, and need to paint some 'new' kick panels as close to the original red paint as I can get. Any suggestions on vinyl paint for this?

Thanks,
Doug

View attachment 1715118005
Too funny, I was just asking about that car a few months ago.

I thought about that when I first read this thread.... You were wondering where it went.

Thanks,
Doug

View attachment 1715118005
I would just leave it alone imo. Just post more pics of the car as is.

-
Back