Race Inc. 73 Swinger

-
Drove about 70 miles in 90 degree weather and only one issue popped up, a small coolant leak at the thermostat housing.

Good thing I fixed the leak. Apparently my flex fan was just barely touching the bottom of my upper radiator hose and left a small divot in the rubber.

Are you planning to make some passes at Gateway? I will miss Madison, but I will be at the Champaign stop and Gateway.

My trip is complete. Had a great time and covered 3,996 miles over 10 days. Very few issues other than a leaking diff, random vapor lock issues in traffic and running hot on a couple of occasions due to a lack of a fan shroud.

Are you planning to make some passes at Gateway? I will miss Madison, but I will be at the Champaign stop and Gateway.

I didn't make any passes at Gateway. I was a little worried about my clicking diff and leaky diff cover, which I later fixed.

Also, ran into a fellow FABO member on the trip. I think he goes by "Mopar" on the board. I apologize, I wrote down your name when I got back in the car and lost the piece of paper I wrote it on.

Very cool car and a true daily driver. Love the late model Mustang scoop. It looks right at home on the Dart.

Cool man-yeah, that scoop does look good on there, and your '73 looks pretty well kept too!

Where did you end up parking at Gateway? I wandered all over, but I must have missed your car. I ended up parked at the entrance to Turn 1 on the oval.

Hey, it's Kris with the Yellow 73 Dart. It was nice meeting you and I'm glad to hear that you made it home ok. That was one heck of a trip. I really liked your car and the 17's look sweet on it.
I'm already thinking about next year.

Sorry for the delayed response. Been on the road for business.

seldger46, I picked up a buddy at the airport in St. Louis and arrived right after lunch. We were parked in VIP Gold, about 50 yards from the food court area. We were parked next to a really nice white 76 Buick w/ T-tops and a Kenne Bell 455 that had a starter solenoid that went bad. We spent most of our time helping those guys track down the issue. I did get to see some racing though.

73dartneedswork, it was a real pleasure meeting you. I'm glad you guys made it home in one piece too. I know you had some issues along the way. How many miles did you finally clock?

Our total mileage was 6,150.
I'm hoping to make it out again next year.

Amazing!

I spoke with a gentleman at a car show I did this weekend that put the whole long haul thing in perspective.

"You guys that do the long haul are real hot rodders. 90% of the cars at the show today couldn't make it or haven't made it out of the state."

6,150 miles in one shot is real testament to how well a car is built. That's something to be proud of.

Showing at this year's 4th of July parade in Chappell Hill, TX. As you can see, I was totally outclassed. There were some really fine cars in attendance, including a couple of feature cars.

I'm baaaaaaack.

It was a busy 2015/16 at work and in life generally. The Dart hasn't moved in 18 months. The photo above was the last time I had her out. It's time to get her back on the road and maybe ready for parts of PT2017 in June and a trip to Bonneville Speed Week in August.

Putting together my parts list to solve some of the issues from PT2015. To start...

- Champion Aluminum Radiator and Shroud
- FiTech EFI Setup
- Lockup Controller for my 700r4
- Oh yeah, almost forgot, gauges. :D

I'll post a pic of how she sits, currently, in the next couple days.

Last edited:
-
Back