Racer migrating from another site.

-
He is really struggling trying to get a set of radials working on his car. Pretty sure he went 9.50 two weeks ago at Keystone. His car is a beautiful car and is not stripped down.
Yes very nice car! AND HEAVY I'm not so much looking to have the ET validate if power picked up as I am MPH...did his MPH pick-up? But then again I guess radials would pick-up MPH too?

Yes very nice car! AND HEAVY I'm not so much looking to have the ET validate if power picked up as I am MPH...did his MPH pick-up? But then again I guess radials would pick-up MPH too?

We, all of us had a terrible day at the track. After not racing all year Matt and I unloaded and I had no second gear on my powerglide. So I spent every minute I could trying to do what I could at the track to make a pass. Meanwhile on the track a 9 second street car went over the guardrail backwards. It took hours to fix 12 feet of guardrail. When they did get it fixed about half way through the second pass a car oiled the whole track. We talked but I didn’t see his one slip. It was a 50 degree day but even the manager wasn’t there as he had a wedding to attend. I know he wishes he wouldn’t have bought radials about now. The 10 inch ones work great but it seems guys struggle with the wider ones.

Welcome ! Always nice to see a Plymouth owner thrashing ! Great ride.

Hi, welcome to FABO mr. HardcoreB ;-) Already admired your car when you posted in moparts. Have fun here, always interesting what you guys can achieve, absolutely love the car!

Michael

Very professional built ride. Welcome aboard. You'll find this site anything but slow!

Thanks again!!!I must have logged-into this site a long time ago because I couldn't carry-over the same name I have used everywhere since 1996ish. Given the quality of effort relative to that community somewhere around 2006 I was going to change my screenname to SoftcoreB or even AverageB but I figured why confuse anyone with different alias. Regardless it's good to be here and seeing new (and old) faces. Technically, I've never been a 'racer', always just a test/tuner. But the plan is to run some local heads-up NA stuff next year so, that's one reason I listed this current engine and other 'spare'. I have no visions of going rounds with the best parts I have, just the same I'll likely go the same number of rounds relative to getting nearer any money. Plus I have some good friends that run NA stuff NMCA and local venues.

Thanks again!!!I must have logged-into this site a long time ago because I couldn't carry-over the same name I have used everywhere since 1996ish. Given the quality of effort relative to that community somewhere around 2006 I was going to change my screenname to SoftcoreB or even AverageB but I figured why confuse anyone with different alias. Regardless it's good to be here and seeing new (and old) faces. Technically, I've never been a 'racer', always just a test/tuner. But the plan is to run some local heads-up NA stuff next year so, that's one reason I listed this current engine and other 'spare'. I have no visions of going rounds with the best parts I have, just the same I'll likely go the same number of rounds relative to getting nearer any money. Plus I have some good friends that run NA stuff NMCA and local venues.

This site is so easy to post pictures on and at times lots of fresh tech posts are going on. Probably 80 percent small blocks, 20 percent big block it seems but then that only makes sense because there are more small block cars. YellowRose got booted a few months ago for wondering over into the general section. I hope he’s back soon

is he “ mad scientist”..?
Hmmm...is he? Reading thru some posts he seems pretty insightful like madscientist. I do see that this site is predominantly A-engine. That doesn't bother me none, the SBM is one engine i have really never worked with. Back in the day, I started with big blocks. But realistically when all we had to use was production iron, knowing what i do now, the SBM head is pretty much as capable as the typical BBM head. Almost makes me wish I had started with the SBM instead! And I appreciate anyone's project relative to the resources they are using.

Hmmm...is he? Reading thru some posts he seems pretty insightful like madscientist. I do see that this site is predominantly A-engine. That doesn't bother me none, the SBM is one engine i have really never worked with. Back in the day, I started with big blocks. But realistically when all we had to use was production iron, knowing what i do now, the SBM head is pretty much as capable as the typical BBM head. Almost makes me wish I had started with the SBM instead! And I appreciate anyone's project relative to the resources they are using.

Both screen names also appear to be from Washington state.

This site is so easy to post pictures on and at times lots of fresh tech posts are going on. Probably 80 percent small blocks, 20 percent big block it seems but then that only makes sense because there are more small block cars. YellowRose got booted a few months ago for wondering over into the general section. I hope he’s back soon
He'll send you a signal if he want's to.
I think he's been sending them loud and clear.

Welcome to the site, awesome people here. Love the car just pickled up a 68 Valiant myself to build with my oldest.

Welcome here!! Absolutely nice Valiant!
Thanks again all! I guess I'm learning the nuances of this site? I see there is a 'like' option that seems to be a curtesy so, I've been wearing my keyboard out using that. I looked at the '9 sec and quicker' thread from the beginning and it appears some good old faces have came and left but, it was good to see many variations of cars that I didn't know existed. I've been around this hobby since...1984? and I bought my Valiant in ...1991? and all the while I have been working and helping many others as well as keeping up on the evolution of the hobby. I've been somewhat quiet in sharing what i learned because i had no flagship that validated what I know so, now i am less reserved. I am for the most part self-taught in the skills i have; welding, machining, porting, engineering etc. Which all came at some cost. There are only so many hours in the day so, I pretty much quit helpng others and spent the time on mine, with help from SOME of these others that I helped. (See how this works?) The car, the whole package, has been evolving to include REDOing many things on it. A good friend, Jerry, and I bodywork/painted the car in 2016 and since then my time spent on it per week went from 8 hrs per week to a solid 30+ on average, this is where I give my wife much credit. The car as a whole has really eclipsed my expectations in performance in a short period of time. I actually BACKED-DOWN this engines heads, compression and cam because I bought a KB block. That allocated this engine to getting the feel for racing again. I plan to try some local heads-up racing next year with the 'better' stuff I have.

-
Back