Racers look here to help a newbie -Thanks

-
oh and I have a narrowed a-body 83/4 housing I got at Norwalk that i planned on putting a back brace on and using that on what ever I decide--Steve

I vote ladder bar,big tire for ease of use and hook on bad tracks. build a good foundation and go from there. And don't be scared to run a 9" you can set one up cheeper than a 60 or 83/4

I vote cal-tracs. My 69 dart with an indy headed 446 and a 250 shot went 5.70's in the 1/8 on a 10.5w and cal-tracs. And it did not matter what track I was at the car worked. After you get them set it is easy to adjust..

There are some real fast cars out there on stock style suspensions. I for one do not care nor do I want any car with SS springs... Makes the car look like it is a 4X4..... Not to my taste at all.

Yep just checking all my options and I appreciate all the responses,I keep going back to the old day's thou,Man super stocks and pinion snubber worked for a long time but i realize we are in 2013 and products have developed,I'm not afraid to look at ALL rear suspensions,Ladder bars intrigue me because it seems your welding the cross bar and welding the brackets to the axle tubes and shock brackets to the frame,Welding we can do it's just the set-up I guess and it seems ladder bars can be cost effective--Steve

If you do decide to back brace that 8 3/4 be VERY carefull, the housing will "pull" quite a bit during the welding. Food for thought

I vote cal-tracs. My 69 dart with an indy headed 446 and a 250 shot went 5.70's in the 1/8 on a 10.5w and cal-tracs. And it did not matter what track I was at the car worked. After you get them set it is easy to adjust..

There are some real fast cars out there on stock style suspensions. I for one do not care nor do I want any car with SS springs... Makes the car look like it is a 4X4..... Not to my taste at all.

Glad someone else agrees with me. Stock style suspensions can and do work! Again, why reinvent the wheel for a car you are learning with?

If you do end up going with ladder bars though, it does not really make much sense to use leaf springs either unless you go with a slider set up which to me seems like a compromise. If that is the idea then Caltracs will be a better choice.

But let's say you do go with ladder bars and ditch the leafs, now you're looking at coil overs and the work needed for those.

Here's another thread from Moparts about ladder bars with leaf springs:

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads...7562950&Words=+CMcAllister&topic=&Search=true

And it also begs the question again, what kind of front end are you going to use with a ladder bar set up? Would you stick with the torsion bars and stock steering box? The rear is only half the equation once you start modifying the chassis.

Yep just checking all my options and I appreciate all the responses,I keep going back to the old day's thou,Man super stocks and pinion snubber worked for a long time but i realize we are in 2013 and products have developed,I'm not afraid to look at ALL rear suspensions,Ladder bars intrigue me because it seems your welding the cross bar and welding the brackets to the axle tubes and shock brackets to the frame,Welding we can do it's just the set-up I guess and it seems ladder bars can be cost effective--Steve

if you go ladderbar. look at these 2 sites for tech articles on how to install them. they have some step by step install articles

Art Morrison
chassisworks

I'm set in the front-HDK coil overs-I have that already--Steve

-
Back