rack and pinion with coil overs

-

gonzos69dart

Reaction score
Hey guys, I acquired a stagnant 69 GTS Dart (clone) it has a 440 auto. I am not one to leave anything alone or think nothing is possible, my goal is to keep the 4 piston calipers and original disc brakes, scrap the torsion bar for coil overs, scrap the big K member for 1 Iwill make myself, iI will make new upper and lower A arms all in the name of fitting these big tube headers into the engine bay, that will have the engine set back a couple inches.

I have a John Dean alignment machine that will allow me to set all caster, camber and toe pretty easy. I guess my question is has anyone done this yet and what the hell happened? I have a complete machine shop to play in and necessary welders to fab anything Ineed...

In the welcome wagon iIsaid I need this car completed by the 2016 dream cruise!
I have scratches in the engine compartment that cannot happen after a rotisserie paint job so clearance needs to happen, I need to get back to work...:)

Hey guys, I acquired a stagnant 69 GTS Dart (clone) it has a 440 auto. I am not one to leave anything alone or think nothing is possible, my goal is to keep the 4 piston calipers and original disc brakes, scrap the torsion bar for coil overs, scrap the big K member for 1 Iwill make myself, iI will make new upper and lower A arms all in the name of fitting these big tube headers into the engine bay, that will have the engine set back a couple inches.

I have a John Dean alignment machine that will allow me to set all caster, camber and toe pretty easy. I guess my question is has anyone done this yet and what the hell happened? I have a complete machine shop to play in and necessary welders to fab anything Ineed...

In the welcome wagon iIsaid I need this car completed by the 2016 dream cruise!
I have scratches in the engine compartment that cannot happen after a rotisserie paint job so clearance needs to happen, I need to get back to work...:)

Good luck. Love seeing homemade stuff. Subscribed.

You could also check out several of the other manufacturers for ideas too.

Gerst Suspensions

QA1

Magnum Force

RMS Alterkation

HemiDenny

I will be running the GST suspension. I will be assisting him on getting his product out also. He along with some other companies are helping me turn the duster into a pro touring monster. Denny and Gerst are two very stand up guys and know their ****. I suggest looking at both pages and calling both. Either way you go you will be happy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 230
I built my Valiant before the mass of aftermarket K Members and brake kits were on the market. So it's all built on the stock one. Re located upper control arms, coilovers, modified lower arms, modified spindles, and power Rack & Pinion steering, drives like a dream.
If I were doing it over it would have someone's new K member and the now available bigger brakes.

I will be running the GST suspension. I will be assisting him on getting his product out also. He along with some other companies are helping me turn the duster into a pro touring monster. Denny and Gerst are two very stand up guys and know their ****. I suggest looking at both pages and calling both. Either way you go you will be happy.

Hot dog! I'm no longer than only soul on this board with a GTS kit!!!!!

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=323486

-
Back